Volume 16, Number 10
- Hacienda’s Equity Administration Solutions, Inc. (EASi) has closed $3.5 million in Series C equity financing to support rapid company growth and product enhancements in the company’s flagship stock option accounting software.
“Sales have doubled since last year, with more customers switching to EASi from their legacy systems and spreadsheet solutions,” says Vito Palmieri, CEO of EASi. “We continue to design our product to meet the needs of customers today and anticipate the support they will need to accommodate changing regulations and equity compensation trends.”
- Visioneer’s RoadWarrior portable scanner has received the Editors’ Choice Award from LAPTOP magazine. Products up for the award are judged on design, ease of use, features, performance, and overall value.
“The Visioneer team constantly strives to provide the best document management solutions and awards like these stand out as an acknowledgment of the contributions of everyone at Visioneer,” said John Capurso, vice president of marketing at Visioneer.
The RoadWarrior measures only 2" x 1.5" x 11.4" and weighs just 10 ounces. It has a color resolution of 600 x 1200 dpi and is powered through the USB port. Utilizing patented Visioneer AutoLaunch technology, scanning begins by simply inserting a document into the scanner.
- Shaklee Corporation has introduced a new product, Vivix Cellular Anti-Aging Tonic, a dietary supplement that contains resveratrol, a natural substance found in red wine which Harvard University researchers determined can potentially offset the negative effects of a high-calorie diet and significantly extend lifespan in mice.
“Vivix is a revolutionary new product that goes beyond resveratrol in the fight against cellular aging,” says Roger Barnett, chairman and CEO of Shaklee Corporation. “A 30-day supply delivers the equivalent amount of resveratrol found in 3,000 glasses of red wine.”
Additional information on the new product is available at www.shaklee.com.
- Two Hacienda companies were recognized as part of the East Bay Business Times Fast 50, the 50 fastest growing, privately held companies in the region. FrontRange Solutions, a developer of software and services that provides customer relationship management software to mid-size firms and distributed enterprises, was ranked 43 on the list based on net revenues of nearly $93 million in 2007 and a growth rate of 39.1 percent since 2005. Jan-Pro Cleaning Systems of the Greater Bay Area, a commercial cleaning company, came in at number 50 with 2007 gross revenues of $9,701,694 and a growth rate of 28.2 percent since 2005.
Also in this issue ...
- Walgreens Chooses Hacienda for New District Headquarters
- Mindshare Group Offers Various Strategies to Deal With Rising Benefits Costs
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Andy Tudhope, Sub-One Technology
- Car-Buying is Simplified at Elite Auto Network
- Dolan Foster Enterprises Serves up Steady Diet of Change
- Business Support Organizations Offer Both Local, Regional Focuses for Increasing Their Members' Success
- Join City/Chamber "Innovation & Entrepreneurship" Event Set for October
- League of Women Voters Mission: Making Elections Fair and Accessible
- Pleasanton Playhouse Marks Coming of Age with New Name: Tri-Valley Repertory Theatre
- Hacienda Index