Volume 16, Number 12
- Hacienda’s Bivio Networks has entered into a reseller agreement with ITOCHU Techno-Solutions Corp. (CTC), one of the largest system integrators in Japan. Under the terms of the agreement, CTC will resell Bivio’s 7000 and 2000 product series of network appliances. In addition, CTC will integrate Bivio’s deep packet inspection (DPI)-enabling platforms with its advanced IT services and applications to deliver innovative packet processing solutions to customers in Japan, specifically in the service provider and telecommunications marCreatability Is a One-Stop Shop for MarketingCreatability Is a One-Stop Shop for MarketingCreatability Is a One-Stop Shop for MarketingCreatability Is a One-Stop Shop for Marketingkets. Bivio’s Linux-based architecture will allow CTC to deliver systems that reduce the cost of developing and delivering security, voice-over-Internet-Protocol (VoIP), traffic management and application acceleration solutions while achieving improved performance.
“As one of the largest system integrators in Japan, CTC joins our impressive list of strategic partners who help us meet the growing demand, worldwide, for advanced DPI capabilities,” said Koichi Hyodo, vice president of Japan operations, Bivio Networks. “With CTC’s help, Bivio will continue to expand our footprint in Japan by offering a customizable application optimized for service providers and telecommunications companies who are providing a new generation of services.
- ”Thanks to their use of green power, Hacienda’s Shaklee Corporation has been named to the Top 20 Retail Partner List of the EPA’s Green Power Partnership. The ranking highlights the annual green power purchases of leading organizations which help reduce the environmental impacts of electricity use and support the development of new renewable generation capacity nationwide. The combined green power purchases of these organizations amount to more than 1.8 billion kilowatt-hours of green power annually, which is the equivalent amount of electricity needed to power more than 170,000 average American homes each year.
“We are pleased to be part of a group of companies that are showing leadership in helping reduce our impact on our planet and we hope that many more join us in the future,” says Roger Barnett, Shaklee chairman and CEO.
- Dahlin Group Architecture has been awarded with the 2008 Structures award in Best Architectural Design for their conversion of the facility that has become their Hacienda headquarters from a former auto insurance inspection and estimating building. The $3 million renovation has resulted in a green technology showcase that has earned silver status from the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) program. “By investing the time, effort, and capital to certify our own building, we can more capably assist our clients and our communities,” says Doug Dahlin, company president.
Also in this issue ...
- Waters Corp. Opens New West Coast Center for Excellence in Hacienda
- Intercare Insurance Solutions Practices Pioneering Wellness Approach to Healthcare
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Frank Bellecci, Bellecci & Associates
- Creatability Is a One-Stop Shop for Marketing
- Long-Time Hacienda Tenant SDI Settles into New Home
- Hacienda's Web Site Offers Information at Your Fingertips
- PPIE Career Days Let You Share Your Career Insight with Pleasanton Middle-Schoolers
- Quench Your Thirst for Sustainability at Green Drinks
- 'Claws for Paws' Crab Fest: Delicious Support for Animal Rescue
- Hacienda Index