Volume 17, Number 11
- Scanners from Hacienda’s Visioneer, Inc., a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, have earned logo certification for the new Windows 7 operating system. New drivers which will allow the company’s popular professional and consumer scanners to take advantage of the enhanced productivity of Windows 7 are available for immediate download.
“Visioneer is committed to giving our customers a favorable scanner experience with full operating system compatibility and our engineering team has worked diligently to ensure that our products received Windows 7 logo certification,” says John Dexter, vice president of business development at Visioneer.
The company also introduced a new product, the Strobe 500 scanner, which transforms from a desktop to mobile scanner for PC or Mac at the touch of a button. The duplex, color scanner comes with a docking station and scans at 15 ppm/30 ipm.
- Elluminate, Inc., has acquired Edtuit, the company that developed the Elluminate-sponsored LearnCentral social learning network. LearnCentral combines social networking with Elluminate’s real-time online communication, collaboration, and education environment. The company continues to work on integrating this social learning component with its core suite of web collaboration products. Launched in June of this year, LearnCentral was named Site of the Week by eSchool News magazine in August.
“All of us at Edtuit are extremely pleased to forge an even closer relationship with Elluminate,” said Gailene Nelson, co-founder of Edtuit and former Yahoo! Teachers Developer. “We are enthusiastic about continuing to work together to make a difference in the way educators collaborate and learn together. It’s especially exciting for me to see the concept that began as Yahoo! Teachers come to fruition as a viable social learning community that already serves thousands of educators worldwide.”
- Equity Administration Solutions, Inc. (EASi), the leading independent stock plan management software company, today introduced Expert Financial Reporting & Reconciliation Service, a review, reconciliation and turn-key report delivery service that lets financial executives offload the challenges and project management required to comply with quarterly FAS123R/ASC 718 mandates.
"Our R&R service is designed to give CFOs and Controllers the confidence that they are booking numbers that are right," explained Vito Palmieri, CEO of EASi. "Explaining changes from one period to the next takes time and has significant implications. With so many companies facing resource constraints, EASi saw a timely opportunity to offer something no one else in the industry is positioned to deliver: a solution that blends our expert support and superior FAS123R reporting capability."
Also in this issue ...
- MegaPath Enjoys Recognition for Fast Growth, Products of the Year
- Tri-Valley Business Council Pursues Innovation Initiatives from New Hacienda Office
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Gary Alt, Willow Ridge Capital Advisors
- 180SQUARED Leads Telcos to Interactive, On-Demand Internet Television
- Coming Soon: Decision Design-Branded Apps at the iTunes App Store
- City of Pleasanton Services at a Glance
- Blankets for Kids Warm Hands and Hearts
- Herocare Introduces Discount Program for Local Public Servants
- Library Tutors Give Non-English Speakers an Invaluable Opportunity to Practice New Language
- Hacienda Helping Hands 2009 Grant Awards Celebration
- Hacienda Index