Volume 18, Number 1
- Network Products Guide, a leading IT publication, has named Hacienda’s AlarmPoint Systems as a finalist for their 2010 Hot Technology Companies Awards. The award honors worldwide vendors in all areas of IT, including software, security, wireless, storage, networking and communications.
AlarmPoint was selected from a pool of over 600 companies to be chosen as a finalist, following a thorough evaluation process which assessed candidates on criteria including entrepreneurial spirit, executive team quality and experience, emerging market opportunities, revenue growth model, and expansion strategies.
Award winners will be announced on March 18 at the Technosium Executive Alliance Forum at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco.
- Kaiser Permanente and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs have launched a pilot medical data exchange program using the Nationwide Health Information Network (NHIN) which enables clinicians from VA and Kaiser Permanente to use electronic health record information, including information about health issues, medications, and allergies. The NHIN provides a technology gateway to support interoperability standards and a legal framework for the secure exchange of health information between treating physicians, when authorized by a patient. Clinicians from the participating organizations can electronically, securely, and privately share authorized patient data, ensuring around-the-clock access to critical health information, providing immediate electronic access that supports increased accuracy, efficiency and safety.
The new pilot program connects VA’s VistA (Veterans Affairs Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture) and Kaiser Permanente HealthConnect. VA beneficiaries and Kaiser Permanente members in the San Diego area were the first to be offered the opportunity to sign up for the pilot. The program’s next phase will add authorized data from the U.S. Department of Defense’s health care system to this exchange in early 2010. Ultimately, this program is planned to be made available to all veterans and service members.
- Provident Financial Holdings, Inc. raised approximately $12 million through the public offering of 4.5 million shares of stock, plus an additional over-allotment of 675,000 shares, in a series of transactions which closed on December 15. The company is traded under the symbol PROV on the NASDAQ GS.
Also in this issue ...
- Roche Molecular Receives FDA Approval for Plasma-Screening Product
- School of Practical Philosophy Tackles Life's Tough Questions
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Casey Hunter, Hunter Travel Managers
- Culver Careers Prepares for Hiring Rebound
- Fleet Management Pioneer Navman Wireless Poised to Increase U.S. Market Share
- New Facilities and Significant Tenant Activity are Hacienda Highlights in 2009
- Nonprofit GRID Alternatives Helps Low-Income Households Move to Solar
- PTA Launches Shop-Local Campaign
- Nonprofit Sentinels of Freedom Team Honors and Assists Wounded Vets
- Delta Express Luxury Commuter Express to Hacienda Offers Free Trial Week
- Hacienda Index