Volume 18, Number 2
- A survey conducted by West Valley Staffing Group, a regional personnel firm with offices in Hacienda, indicates that the majority of area employers anticipate stable or increasing hiring needs in the first quarter of this year. The firm surveyed a range of hiring managers from a variety of industries including high tech, medical, energy, finance, semiconductors, and manufacturing. Over 90 percent of respondents reported that their hiring would either remain steady or increase, a 30 percent increase over the fourth quarter of 2009.
“Many signs indicate that the economy is beginning to improve,” says Mike Williams, president and CEO of West Valley Staffing Group. “Compared to this time last year, 75% more companies are reporting their hiring will either remain flat or increase in Q1. We're heading in the right direction, though many companies still remain cautious in regards to their hiring.”
- Ellie Mae, a provider of software and services to the mortgage industry that is based in Hacienda, raised over $3,000 for earthquake relief in Haiti through the sale of over 100 earthquake survival starter kits. Each kit included essentials like energy bars, water, a mini first-aid kit, and water purification tablets.
The company also hosted Michelle Montoya, a community preparedness and event specialist from the San Francisco Branch of the American Red Cross, for a workshop on disaster preparedness.
All proceeds from the sale of the kits, including additional employee donations, went to the Red Cross Haiti Relief and Development fund.
- FrontRange Customer Management, a flagship product of Hacienda’s FrontRange Solutions, has received the 2009 Product of the Year Award from Customer Interaction Solutions magazine.
“I am pleased to honor FrontRange Solutions for its hard work and success. FrontRange’s dedication to improving the quality of technologies to better the contact center experience as well as the ROI for companies that use them,” said Rich Tehrani, CEO of Technology Marketing Corporation, publishers of the magazine. “For 12 years, Customer Interaction Solutions magazine has honored companies that show excellence in advancing technologies and application refinements.”
“Now more than ever, organizations realize the need to optimize each and every interaction they have with customers,” added Kevin J. Smith, vice president of products at FrontRange Solutions. FrontRange Customer Service Management takes the years of experience FrontRange has in delivering class-leading CRM and ITSM solutions and focuses these technologies squarely at the customer. As such, we’re very proud to have received this recognition from Customer Interaction Solutions Magazine.”
Also in this issue ...
- Ouroboros Medical Wins European Approval for Spinal Fusion Product
- M & C Association Management Gets Closer to Customers with Hacienda Location
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Joan Rhodes, Employee Benefits Specialists
- Edward Jones Investment Services Stresses Long-Term Client Relationships
- Bay Valley Accounting Professionals Ready for Tax Season, Medical Billing Holds Steady
- Economic Aid Aimed at Tri-Valley
- State Fund Hosts Job Shadow Day for Oakland Students
- 2010 Census Will Provide 'Snapshot of America'
- Hope Hospice's First Hike for Hope Will Debut May 1
- Nominations Open for Bicycle-Friendly Business Awards through March 26, 2010
- Hacienda Index