Volume 18, Number 9
- Hacienda’s Polycom has signed a multi-year global agreement with Microsoft which will allow the companies to provide integrated unified communications (UC) systems. The move is expected to provide Polycom with an opportunity to develop and market UC products which will encompass software, hardware, networking, and services, thereby enabling customers to increase productivity while reducing travel, telecom, and IT costs.
“Microsoft and Polycom are committed to a roadmap that will deliver interoperable UC solutions with choice and innovation in video conferencing and customer devices that will help transform enterprise communications,” said Gurdeep Singh Pall, corporate vice president of UC at Microsoft. “By integrating video, voice, instant messaging and conferencing solutions, Microsoft and Polycom give customers the ability to be present, anytime, anywhere.”
- FrontRange Solutions, a Hacienda-based developer of customer service, IT service management, and IT asset management software has launched a new product which catalogs and manages service offerings within an enterprise.
“The FrontRange Service Catalog was designed from the ground up to deliver enterprise-class capability and fast time-to-benefit while being easy to use and maintain,” said Michael McCloskey, FrontRange CEO. “Built on the FrontRange Platform technology stack, and based on advanced Microsoft .Net technology, the FrontRange Service Catalog delivers exceptional value and rapid return on investment at a fraction of the cost of traditional enterprise vendors.”
- Hacienda’s Visioneer, Inc., is partnering with Hyland Software to create an integrated solution to capture documents from a Xerox DocuMate or Visioneer scanner directly into OnBase, Hyland’s award-winning suite of document management and content management solutions.
“Visioneer is the only company that provides a custom designed TWAIN interface to OnBase users across our entire product line, from $200 desktop scanners to over $5000 production scanners,” said Bill Kouzi, senior vice president of sales at Visioneer. “Customers gain the greatest benefit when integrated hardware and software solutions are powerful, yet easy to use. The strength of Hyland’s OnBase ECM solutions, coupled with Visioneer’s document imaging solutions, provides a means to regulatory compliance and efficient document capture which contributes to significant cost savings and improved business efficiencies within the healthcare market.”
Also in this issue ...
- Trapeze Networks Takes Enterprise-Class Wi-Fi to New Levels
- Arrival of Precision System Science USA Adds to Hacienda Biotech Population
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Sherman Balch, Extollo International
- Resounding Success Equips IronPlanet for IPO
- Customized Attention is Hallmark of Huntington Learning Center
- Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department Makes Plans for Disaster
- LAVTA Service Improvements: Hold That Green and Real-Time Arrival Messages
- Mark Your Calendars: Pleasanton Green Scene Fair Set for October 21
- "Shop Around Pleasanton" Holiday Campaign Uses Facebook to Generate Buzz
- Hacienda Index