Volume 20, Number 9
- Hacienda’s Adept Technology has entered into a distribution and licensing agreement to offer autonomous mobile robots (AMRs) to hospitals throughout North America. Under the terms of the agreement, Adept will license proprietary AMR technology and Swisslog will become the exclusive sales and support agent for a next-generation product based on Adept’s MT400 robotic platform.
“With rapidly changing demographics increasing the strain on today’s healthcare system, clinicians and other trained professionals are actively seeking ways to reduce monotonous duties such as ferrying items from one location to another,” said John Dulchinos, president and CEO of Adept Technology. “Swisslog has decades of experience delivering innovative solutions that help healthcare facilities move materials efficiently and safely. As such, Adept is proud to have been selected as Swisslog’s exclusive provider of intelligent AMRs.”
- On the occasion of the 6th European Academy of Forensic Science in The Hague, Netherlands, Hacienda’s IntegenX launched its RapidHIT Human DNA Identification System to the European law enforcement and forensic communities. The product automates and accelerates the process of producing standardized DNA profiles from cheek swabs and other human samples to provide results in about 90 minutes. Rapid DNA analysis is a transformative technology that promises to fundamentally change the way investigations are conducted by enabling law enforcement personnel to quickly and definitively link suspects to crimes while they are still in custody.
“This is a very exciting time as we introduce the world’s first rapid DNA analysis system to the professionals who will be on the cutting edge of implementing it to identify offenders, clear innocent suspects quickly, and prevent future crimes,” said Stevan Jovanovich, President and Chief Executive Officer of IntegenX.
- Ellie Mae is up for two honors at the 2012 Mortgage Technology Awards. Founder and CEO Sig Anderman has been selected as a finalist for the Steve Fraser Visionary Award and the company’s Total Quality Loan (TQL) program was selected as a finalist for the Fix-It Award.
According to the publication, “The Steve Fraser Visionary Award is a lifetime achievement award that recognizes the accomplishments of an outstanding mortgage technology innovator, visionary or evangelizer... The Fix-It Award recognizes technology that provides an effective solution to a specific industry problem, need or channel.”
Also in this issue ...
- Interactive Case Management Model Produces Gains for Child Support Services
- Jeepnee Transports People From One Place in Life to the Next
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Mary Hanson, Frontier Wealth Strategies
- Homebuilder Taylor Morrison Has a 'Product for Everyone'
- It's Back-to-School Time at New World Music Academy
- Emergency Preparedness Resources Make Business Continuity an Achievable Goal
- Sustainable Agriculture Surrounds Sunol Valley Water Temple
- Good News Bears Spread Cheer and Comfort
- American Cancer Society's Discovery Shop is Favorite Holiday Destination
- Pleasanton Green Scene Fair
- Hacienda Index