Volume 20, Number 11
- California-based Eco Building Products has converted to Simpson Strong-Tie Component Solutions software to design and manufacture trusses. The new software for roof and floor trusses and wall panels is part of the Hacienda company’s innovative Integrated Component Systems offering.
“We are delighted that Eco Building Products has chosen Simpson Strong-Tie for tools to design their truss product line,” said Mike Bugbee, Simpson Strong-Tie Senior Vice President, Truss and Component Systems. “Their development of innovative solutions to industry challenges resonates well with our values. We continue to refine the software to best meet our customers’ needs.”
- As part of the company’s “Where There is a Need” program, customers and Facebook friends of Hacienda’s Visioneer have selected the Ocean Conservancy as beneficiary. The non-profit will receive $1 for every customer who registers a Visioneer or Xerox DocuMate scanner.
“We wanted our customers and employees to be involved in making the selection, so we nominated three incredibly deserving environmental charities and let the people vote,” said Greg Elder, Visioneer’s CFO and Sustainability Officer. “We are very pleased with the voter’s choice of the Ocean Conservancy, their efforts to promote Trash Free Seas and agree wholeheartedly with their philosophy that we all have a role to play in keeping our ocean clean and free of trash.”
- Hacienda’s CooperVision, Inc. announced plans to launch a website in partnership with the Armed Forces Optometric Society (AFOS), reinforcing the global contact lens manufacturer's commitment to serving the U.S. military community. The site will allow military personnel and their families to purchase CooperVision's contact lenses affordably and be assured guaranteed delivery wherever they are located around the world. In addition, CooperVision plans to offer patients the option to support the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) by donating $1 per carton for each purchase of CooperVision contact lenses.
“As a former member of the U.S. Armed Services, I understand and appreciate the unique demands placed on our military personnel and their families,” said John Weber, president of CooperVision. “CooperVision is honored to be a strategic partner in this exciting initiative.”
Also in this issue ...
- December Arrival of Club One at Pleasanton Offers Perfect Way to Start 2013
- Delivery Solutions North Masters Customized Home Delivery
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Victor Quint, 1st United Services Credit Union
- ZELTIQ's CoolSculpting Enjoys Hot Market
- Navman Wireless Hones Focus on Vertical Markets for Maximum Growth
- Hacienda Retail & Service Directory
- New inPleasanton.com Website Is a Win for the City, Businesses, Residents, and Visitors
- Pleasanton Police Department Debuts Nixle Notification Service
- Kids Against Hunger Pleasanton Provides Life-Saving Meals - with Volunteers' Help
- Shop Small Business Saturday
- 2012 Hacienda Holiday Food & Fund Drive
- Hacienda Index