Volume 20, Number 12
- Hacienda’s Individual Software has released Disney: Mickey's Typing Adventure Starring Mickey Mouse and Friends, a package designed to teach children from six to 12 to touch-type by allowing them to rescue Mickey Mouse and friends from a mysterious enchantment in Typelandia. The program is now available for PC and Mac as a desktop version for kids and families at home and will be available soon for any number of students in a classroom setting.
“Schools are beginning to teach typing at a younger age and we recognize that kids need a lot of practice and motivation to build correct finger-to-key memories to become touch typists,” says Jo-L Hendrickson, president and CEO of Individual Software. “The lessons, challenges, and games in Disney: Mickey's Typing Adventure Starring Mickey Mouse and Friends include speed and accuracy, rhythm, dexterity, and retention, all of which reinforce the important typing skills required today.”
- Greenwich Associates has reached an agreement to acquire Hacienda’s Javelin Strategy & Research, specialists in providing strategic insights and research in retail financial services including mobile and multichannel banking, payments, security, and fraud. Terms of the deal were not announced.
“By expanding the global reach and advisory capabilities of both firms, the combination of Javelin and Greenwich Associates will be able to better serve our core client base of financial services, government, and technology firms,” says Javelin Strategy & Research President Jim Van Dyke. “The combination will allow us to deliver more value, by bringing together two organizations that deliver strategic action-ready recommendations from the highest quality research process.”
- Equity Administration Solutions, Inc., or EASi, has been named to Deloitte’s annual Technology Fast 500 for the second consecutive year. The list recognizes the fastest growing North American companies in technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences, and clean technology.
“EASi’s growth continues to accelerate because we are solving increasingly complex regulatory, compliance, administration and tax challenges for the largest multinational companies, headquartered around the world,” says Carine Schneider, EASi's CEO. “The innovation and automation we bring to stock plan recordkeeping, accounting and reporting keeps our solution in high demand.”
Also in this issue ...
- Hitachi High Technologies America Settles into New Hacienda Quarters
- FishNet Security Offers Cyber Protection for Many Industries
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Dan Riordan, ThinkHR
- CompView's Role in Group Communications Goes Back to Inception of Pro AV Industry
- Seismic Specialist A. Palma Engineering Plays Part in Several High Profile Projects
- Hacienda Web Site Provides Fingertip Access to Park Opportunities, Information, and Amenities
- Pleasanton-Blairgowrie-Fergus Sister City Organization Shares Culture in Many Venues
- Museum on Main Offers Energetic 2013 Line-Up
- Tri-Valley Haven is Critical Community Resource
- Hacienda Helping Hands 2013 Campaign
- Hacienda Index