Volume 21, Number 1
New Construction Projects Provide Hacienda Headlines in 2012
BRE Properties received approval for a mixed-use, transit-oriented development
which will feature over 500 residential units in 20 three- to five-story buildings (top).
A rendering for new construction at 5850 West Las Positas Boulevard (bottom).
Paralleling the resurgent Bay Area economy, Hacienda saw a number of new construction projects either approved or begun in 2012, as well as significant leasing activity. Here’s the story of the previous 12 months in Hacienda in both numbers and images.
Summary of Major Activity in 2012
Development Activity (approved or under construction)
BRE - Site 1 255 units / ~5,700 sf retail
BRE - Site 2 251 units / public park
Maddie's Fund ~141,000 sf
Mercedes-Benz ~72,200 sf
A major expansion at Mercedes-Benz of Pleasanton (top) requires
the use of a large crane (bottom)
Major Tenant Activity
Blackhawk Network -- ~30,000 sf
Club One Pleasanton -- ~17,000 sf
Cooper Bussmann -- ~23,000 sf
CPU Tech -- ~47,000 sf
Ellie Mae -- ~12,000 sf
Gap Inc. -- ~35,000 sf
Hitachi -- ~23,000 sf
Maddie's Fund -- ~80,000 sf
Service Max -- ~17,000 sf
Sunbelt Controls -- ~11,000 sf
Overall Tenant Activity -- ~573,000 sf
Longtime tenant CPU Tech expanded to a new building.
< 10K sf 87.10%
> 50K sf 1.00%
< 10K sf 36%
10K-50K sf 50%
> 50K sf 14%
Club One Fitness opened just before the New Year.
Also in this issue ...
- Sunbelt Controls Brings Energy Efficiency to Its New Hacienda Home
- SellingTheCar.com Offers New Business Model for Used Car Sales
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Mohsin Khalique, M.D, Bay Area Psychiatric Group
- Embarcadero Realty Services Manages Nearly Half-Million Square Feet of Hacienda Buildings
- J.M. O'Neill's 30 Years as General Contractor Parallel Bay Area Business
- New Construction Projects Provide Hacienda Headlines in 2012
- New Iron Horse Trail Segment in Hacienda to Create Recreation and Transportation Corridor
- SB 1339 Attacks Air Pollution through New Commute Benefit
- National Charity League Opens Winter Application Window
- Hacienda Employee and Resident Program Package
- Hacienda Index