Published September 15, 2015
Volume 23, Number 9
- Steelwedge Recognized as One of the 20 Most Powerful Cloud Companies
Hacienda’s Steelwedge was recognized as one of the 20 Most Powerful Cloud Companies by CIO Story magazine. The publication’s editorial team analyzed more than 500 companies that deliver products and services via cloud technology through research, nominations and consultations with industry leaders.
“This recognition as one of CIO Story’s 20 Most Powerful Cloud Companies validates our longevity as a proven cloud solutions provider powering the most complex supply chains,” said Pervinder Johar, Steelwedge CEO. “Customer success has driven Steelwedge’s rapid growth, as demonstrated by our Deloitte 2014 Technology Fast 500 Award for 500% growth between 2009-2013.”
- Elavon Helps Healthcare Providers Evolve Past Paper Checks
Elavon, a global payments provider with offices in Hacienda, has partnered with healthcare network platform creator Emdeon to launch Transend Pay, a payment processing platform for hospitals and healthcare providers that allows electronic payments, significantly reducing the time it takes to receive payments from health insurance carriers.
“The National Academy of Social Insurance estimates that nearly 30 percent of healthcare expenses are attributable to administrative costs as opposed to clinical costs,” said Rustin Fichtner, senior vice president and general manager of healthcare services for Elavon. “The combination of our global expertise in secure payments solutions with Emdeon’s leadership position in processing U.S. health insurance claims makes Transend Pay a premier payments option for providers so they can focus on providing the best care for their patients instead of spending time and resources on tracking paper checks from insurance companies.”
- Hoge Fenton Joins International Law Firm Network
Hoge Fenton has been selected to join Mackrell International, a Top Ranked Chambers Global Leading Law Firm Network for 2015. Membership is by invitation only.
Headquartered in the U.K., Mackrell International has member law firms in 60 countries. “Our clients’ trust extends to assisting them in their ventures outside of California,” said Sblend Sblendorio, shareholder at Hoge Fenton. “Our Mackrell membership allows us to provide them with a ready platform throughout the world. Now we can seamlessly assist our clients in San Jose, California, and San Jose, Costa Rica.” Hoge Fenton will serve the network as the member firm for Northern California.
- Unilever to Acquire Leading Skin Care Brand, Murad
Unilever, an international consumer products company with offices in Hacienda, has signed an agreement to acquire Murad, a clinical skincare brand that is sold in over 40 countries in department stores, pharmacies, spas, and salons.
“We are delighted to welcome Murad to our portfolio of prestige personal care brands,” said Paul Polman, Unilever CEO. “As an expert ‘Doctor brand’, Murad offers products in a differentiated clinical and holistic well-being segment. It has a loyal following that gives it excellent potential for expansion, and wonderfully complements the brands recently acquired: Dermalogica, Kate Somerville and REN. We look forward to working with Dr. Murad and his team to continue to grow the brand.”
Compiled by Jay Hipps
Also in this issue...
- Signature's Latest Development Brings New Homes to Moraga
- InTech Energy is Creating Tools for the Smart Buildings of the Future
- Business Bits
- Francis Dinha's Path to Success Covers Three Continents, Four Languages
- Little Bee Brings Honey from Kashmir to an International Audience
- Civil Engineers Wood Rodgers Expand Area Presence with New Hacienda Offices
- Tri-Valley Arts Programs Show Diversity of Talents, Expression
- Go on Safari for an Evening at Tri-Valley Conservancy's Jeans & Jewels Gala
- Blue Star Moms Seek Donations to Assist U.S. Troops Abroad, at Home
- Alzheimer's Association Offers Information, Support to Hacienda Businesses
- Hacienda September Index