Published June 21, 2016
Volume 24, Number 6
- Veeva Ranked Fourth Fastest Growing Public Tech Company by Forbes
Hacienda’s Veeva Systems, who provide cloud solutions for life sciences companies, was recognized as the fourth fastest growing public technology company on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. The ranking is based on Veeva’s average sales growth of 47% over the past three fiscal years.
“Our tremendous growth has been fueled by the innovation we’ve brought to the cloud technology market and our commitment to customer success,” said Peter Gassner, Veeva founder and CEO. “We’re honored to be among the most trusted providers to one of the largest global industries in their mission to improve and extend life.”
Veeva’s industry cloud solutions are specifically designed to help life sciences companies achieve their most pressing strategic objectives in bringing drugs to market faster and more efficiently; marketing and selling them more effectively; and maintaining compliance with government regulations. Veeva’s growing base of 400 customers relies on Veeva’s industry cloud solutions to address a broad range of business requirements in the life sciences industry.
- Zoho SalesIQ Offers GoDaddy Customers the Opportunity to Tap Potential Buyers
Zoho has teamed up with GoDaddy Inc., the world's largest technology provider dedicated to small businesses, to give GoDaddy customers in the U.S. access to special deals on Zoho SalesIQ. This move makes Zoho's real-time website visitor insights and live chat software a convenient and cost-effective solution for GoDaddy’s small business customers looking to engage website visitors and turn them into customers.
“GoDaddy helps businesses find their perfect domain name, create a great website and attract new customers. With this alliance, these businesses can use Zoho SalesIQ to identify potential buyers among all their website visitors and engage with them,” said Jeff Lulenski, vice president of GoDaddy’s Global Partner Network,.
“Now, GoDaddy users in the U.S. can convert more of their website visitors into happy, paying customers,” said Raju Vegesna, chief evangelist of Zoho. “The insights provided by Zoho SalesIQ enable businesses to have a meaningful conversation with their hot leads, and increase their online sales significantly.”
- Astex Pharmaceuticals Enters Collaboration to Explore New Leukemia Treatment
Hacienda’s Astex Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a pharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of novel small molecule oncology therapeutics, has entered into a clinical collaboration with Genentech. The companies’ goal is to evaluate the potential for combining Astex’s next generation hypomethylating agent, guadecitabine (SGI-110), with Genentech’s investigational anti-PD-L1 monoclonal antibody, atezolizumab, in the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia (AML). An initial Phase 1b study will investigate the safety and pharmacology of the combination.
The collaboration will test the hypothesis that upfront “priming” of patients’ immune systems with guadecitabine, an epigenetic investigational drug, may result in enhanced responses to immunotherapy.
“We are delighted that Genentech has chosen to partner with Astex on this exciting study. The idea of combining epigenetic therapies such as guadecitabine with immune checkpoint inhibitors such asatezolizumab, has the potential to open up new therapeutic options with enhanced outcomes for patients with a range of cancer types,” said Mohammad Azab, Astex’s President and Chief Medical Officer. “Astex is committed to exploring the broad potential of guadecitabine as a ‘backbone’ therapy for use in immunotherapy combinations.”
Stories compiled by Jay Hipps
Also in this issue...
- Sensiba San Filippo Bringing Headquarters to Hacienda
- Sedgwick Claims Management Services Helps Major Companies' Insurance Programs
- Business Bits
- Dave Camarillo Brings a Lifetime in Marital Arts To Guerrilla Jiu-Jitsu
- With Beer Trail, Other Initiatives, Visit Tri-Valley Works to Increase Tourism in the Region
- Monterey Private Wealth Provides Expert Financial Management for Families, Businesses
- Hacienda's Hotels Offer a Full Spectrum of Accommodations, Facilities
- Tax-Exempt Bond Program Provides Small, Medium Businesses With Low Interest Capital
- Purple Pipes Bringing Recycled Water to Pleasanton, Hacienda Landscapes
- SAGE Works to Revitalize Sustainable Agriculture in Areas Around Cities
- Hacienda June Index