GREEN BUSINESS PROGRAM
The Bay Area Green Business Program distinguishes businesses that protect, preserve and sustain the environment. Getting certified as a Green Business upholds your company as an environmental leader while increasing operational efficiency and improving the bottom line.
Property Manager Program
The Bay Area Green Business Program has a new level of certification for property managers. Property management firms certified as Green Businesses are offered a number of advantages:
- The Green Business Program offers you free, convenient, time-saving assistance and onsite assessments in the areas of waste, water, energy and pollution prevention.
- Your tenants will enjoy a safer workplace and lower utility and water bills.
- Programs to save energy, water and raw materials, and reduce waste all save money.
- Developing a positive, proactive relationship with local compliance inspectors can help you avoid liability, fines and other sanctions.
- The program promotes Green Businesses to the public and other businesses for free.
- Your company's community image is enhanced through Green Business certification.
Tell Your Tenants
It doesn't have to stop with your business certification. Individual tenants are eligible to become certified as a Green Business as well. To be a Green Business you must do the following:
- Comply with all environmental regulations applicable to your business.
- Implement a variety of measures to save energy, water and other materials and reduce waste; a sign-up checklist helps walk businesses through this step.
- Allow site visits to verify that your business and property sites meet the above two steps.
- Pledge to continue your efforts to prevent pollution and conserve resources.
Additional information on this program is available. Please refer to the Alameda County Green Business Program contact below for details.
Alameda County Green Business Program
1131 Harbor Bay Parkway, Alameda, California 94502
(510) 567-6770 phone (510) 337-9135 fax email@example.com e-mail www.greenbiz.ca.gov WWW
Hacienda Owners Association
4473 Willow Road, Suite 105, Pleasanton, California 94588-8570
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW