ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING LOCATION SOUGHT
The City of Pleasanton in conjunction with Bay Area company ECOtality are looking for local buildings to host electric vehicle charging stations. ECOtality, manufacturers of the Blink line of Electric Vehicle (EV) chargers, are looking to deploy their DC fast chargers all over the Bay Area with the help of a Department of Energy (DOE) grant.
The EV Project
ECOtality is currently participating in an EV charging infrastructure study in partnership with the DOE called The EV Project. As part of this project, ECOtality received an allotment of 20 DC Fast Chargers of which 15 locations have been secured for placement. Additional host sites are being sought to place the remaining five. The EV Project is a $230 million dollar cost share program with the DOE. More information on the Blink line of EV chargers can be found online at: www.blinknetwork.com/chargers-commercial-dc-fast.html.
Hosting an Electric Vehicle Charging Station
The program covers a number of considerations related to EV charging station installation. Here are some details for potential project participants to consider:
- The DC Fast Charger equipment is provided at no cost to you as a host.
- A $14,000 installation credit will accompany the DC Fast Charger resulting in no cost to you for installation assuming the installation total is less than $14,000.
- ECOtality will work with you to set a pricing model for the charging that covers your monthly utility costs.
- There is a 50/50 revenue split proposed between hosts and ECOtality, with the host portion intended to cover your monthly utility costs and ECOtality’s share dedicated to covering their network costs.
- Equipment can be removed at your request after December 31, 2013, at ECOtality’s cost.
Additional information on this program is available. Please refer to the City of Pleasanton contact below for details.
City of Pleasanton
PO Box 520, Pleasanton, California 94566
(925) 931-5506 phone (925) 931-5595 fax firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail www.ci.pleasanton.ca.us WWW
Hacienda Owners Association
4473 Willow Road, Suite 105, Pleasanton, California 94588-8570
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax email@example.com e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW