MANDATORY RECYCLING FOR COMMERCIAL GARBAGE COMMENCES
Mandatory recycling for commercial garbage accounts in Alameda County took effect in Pleasanton on March 1, 2013 per the Alameda County Waste Management Authority Ordinance 2012-01. Beginning September 1, 2013 enforcement will begin for mandatory recycling.
Inspections will be conducted to determine whether commercial properties are in compliance with the law. Property owners found to be out of compliance will receive a notification. Should the property remain out of compliance after receipt of the notification, an additional warning will be issued along with the possibility of a citation and fine. Initial enforcement will focus on compliance rather than fines.
Key Points of Compliance
Beginning September 1st, businesses and owners/managers of commercial properties in Pleasanton with garbage service of 4 or more cubic yards per week may be cited for the following violations:
- Failure to provide containers of sufficient number and/or size for recyclable materials.
- Disposing of recyclable materials in the garbage.
- Disposing of garbage in recycling containers.
- Failure to provide information annually to employees, tenants, and contractors describing how to properly use the recycling and garbage containers.
Contact Pleasanton Garbage Service at (925) 846-2042 to learn more about collection service options in Pleasanton. For additional resources to assist in compliance visit www.RecyclingRulesAC.org or call the Ordinance Information Line at (510) 891-6575
Additional information on Pleasanton recycling programs is available. Please refer to the City of Pleasanton contact below for details.
Pleasanton City Managers Office
PO Box 520, Pleasanton, California 94566-0802
(925) 931-5009 phone (925) 931-5482 fax firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail www.ci.pleasanton.ca.us WWW
Hacienda Owners Association
4473 Willow Road, Suite 105, Pleasanton, California 94588-8570
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax email@example.com e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW