CIVIC ARTS PROGRAM
The City of Pleasanton Department of Parks and Community Services Civic Arts season for 2001-2002 has just been announced. A variety of arts experiences and entertainment sponsored by the City of Pleasanton Civic Arts program will be available in the coming months.
There are several different programs offered by the City. The following is an overview of what you can expect to enjoy.
- The Civic Arts Presents series features top name artists who will perform this season at the Amador Theater. Season highlights include appearances by David Lanz, Will Durst, Glenn Yarbrough and George Winston as well as family concerts and a Holiday production of The Nutcracker by the State Street Ballet of Santa Barbara.
- Civic Arts School Concert Series brings professional performers to the Amador Theatre where they perform for students from area schools. A detailed School Concert Series brochure is also available.
- Civic Arts Poet Laureate provides lovers of verse with workshops, poetry readings and the First Annual Poetry and Arts Festival to be held next June.
- Civic Arts Public Art is designed to enhance Pleasanton’s visual and cultural environment. Photos and locations are included.
- Civic Arts Venues shows the six locations where arts events are presented during the season.
- Civic Arts Special Events highlights the City’s five major arts happenings scheduled for the current season: the 3rd Annual Art in the Park, Children’s Arts Festival, 8th Annual Student Art Exhibit--Art Made Easy, the 1st Annual Poetry and Arts Festival and Free Shakespeare in the Park by the San Francisco Shakespeare Festival.
The Civic Arts Season Brochure contains an order form for season, individual and group tickets to the Civic Arts Presents series. Use the contact information below to request a copy. Tickets to many City of Pleasanton Civic Arts events may be purchased online at (ticket sales commence in the month prior to the performance) or by calling the Department of Parks and Community Services office at (925) 931-5340, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Recorded information about upcoming Civic Arts events is also available by calling (925) 931-3455.
City of Pleasanton
P.O. Box 520, Pleasanton, California 94566
(925) 931-5347 phone (925) 931-5477 fax email@example.com e-mail www.ci.pleasanton.ca.us WWW
Hacienda Owners Association
4473 Willow Road, Suite 105, Pleasanton, California 94588-8570
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW