NEW WHEELS SERVICES TO COMMENCE
The Livermore/Amador Valley Transit Authority (LAVTA), operator of WHEELS, is instituting a series of service modifications which will commence Saturday, August 26. A number of changes to routes and schedules will be occurring within Hacienda and additional service will be added to the I680 Express bus.
A summary of changes follows. New schedules will be available on August 12th at the Livermore Transit Center, on all WHEELS buses, on the WHEELS website or through the contacts provided below.
Hacienda Service Modifications
- Route 50 Hacienda Business Park/Dublin-Pleasanton BART Station Shuttle: A new dedicated shuttle service between BART and Hacienda Business Park in Pleasanton will commence, providing 15-minute frequency service during morning and afternoon commute hours, along Willow Road, Hacienda Drive and Stoneridge Drive within Hacienda.
- Route 70X A fourth roundtrip has been added to the morning and afternoon commutes. The new morning trip departs Walnut Creek BART southbound at 7:40 AM; the new afternoon trip departs Dublin BART northbound at 4:59 PM.
- Route 54 Service has been expanded to accommodate connections with the fourth morning and afternoon train by the Altamont Commuter Express (ACE) to and from the Pleasanton ACE station.
- Route 7 and 8 The Route 7 has been discontinued as a separate service and will now be merged into the Route 8 schedule to provide more frequent service to Vintage Hills and the Bernal Business Park. The portion of Route 7 that previously serviced the Hacienda Business Park is now served by the new Route 50.
- Route 50 Dublin Koll Center Park & Ride/Dublin-Pleasanton BART Station Shuttle: This portion of the new parking shuttle operates between BART and the Dublin Koll Center park-and-ride lot near Dublin Boulevard and Tassajara Road. The route runs every 15 minutes during morning and afternoon commute hours and serves as a connection to overflow parking for BART. Route 50 operates free of charge to passengers during the trial period.
- Route 3 An additional PM trip from BART and Wells Middle School to Shannon Park, departing Wells at 4:10 PM, has been added to provide more consistent service to the Amador Lakes area. The Saturday schedule has been modified to begin earlier in the morning and end later in the evening, with a pause in service during the midday.
- Route 12 The entire schedule has been revised to provide departures to and from both the Livermore Transit Center and BART station every 30 minutes. The new schedule provides more trips to the Las Positas College, although a few 12V trips have been retained. Additional adjustments have been made to improve on-time performance of the route during rush hours.
- Route 18 Select trips have been extended to Ravenswood Park area in south Livermore to provide better options for students attending Granada High School and Mendenhall Middle School. Additional schedule adjustments have been made to improve on-time performance during the peak commute hours. Saturday service has been restored, with four trips each in the morning and afternoon.
- Route 20 Service has been extended to Greenville Road, in Livermore. The route travels the entire length of Las Positas Road between Greenville and Vasco instead of its previous loop via Preston Avenue, the route has also been realigned to serve the Knott Park area.
- Route 161 (School Tripper Service to Livermore High School/Granada High School): Route 161 has been integrated into service provided by routes 15 and 18. Please refer to Route 18 information noted above.
Hacienda employees and residents are eligible for free WHEELS passes. In order to qualify for a pass, you need to be either an employee within Hacienda or a resident within one of the following Hacienda residential communities: Archstone, Avila, Siena, Valencia, or Verona. Bus passes entitle the bearer to a free ride to and from work, or to and from home for residents, on all WHEELS lines. WHEELS buses connect the Tri-Valley area to locations throughout Hacienda. WHEELS buses also meet each incoming ACE and BART train during the peak commute hours to shuttle Hacienda employees to their businesses and residents to the respective stations. WHEELS I-680 express bus service provides a direct link for people commuting between Hacienda and Pleasant Hill/Walnut Creek. Passes may be ordered at: www.hacienda.org/services/services_commute_pass.html.
Additional information on new WHEELS routes and schedules is available at: www.wheelsbus.com/preview/preview.html. You may also utilize the contact information found below for additional details.
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100, Livermore, California 94551
(925) 455-7558 phone (925) 443-1375 fax email@example.com e-mail www.wheelsbus.com WWW
Hacienda Owners Association
4473 Willow Road, Suite 105, Pleasanton, California 94588-8570
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW