COOL COMMUTES COMPETITION
Silicon Valley's premier business group, the Silicon Valley Leadership Group, has initiated a friendly competition that they are calling "Cool Commutes". The purpose of the competition is to help other companies use commute alternatives. Cool Commutes is one of a dozen initiatives the Leadership Group is championing to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions and lessen dependence on oil.
Become a Cool Commutes Company
The Cool Commutes Competition is a challenge being issued to Bay Area employers to see which employer can encourage the greatest percentage of its employees to use commute alternatives such as transit, carpooling, vanpooling, bicycling, walking and teleworking, rather than driving solo to work. At the end of the competition, the Silicon Valley Leadership Group will publicize all the participating employers and spotlight the winners in each size category. Participation in the program requires four simple steps:
- Let the Silicon Valley Leadership Group know your company is interested in participating in the competition and provide a staff contact.
- Survey your employees as soon as possible as to how they currently commute to work.
- In mid-October, survey your employees again to determine if your goals were met or exceeded.
- Report your results to the Leadership Group.
Additional information is available about the Cool Commutes competition and the Silicon Valley Leadership Group. Please feel free to use the contact information below for details.
Silicon Valley Leadership Group
224 Airport Parkway, Suite 620, San Jose, California 95110
(408) 501-7870 phone (408) 501-7861 fax firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail www.svlg.net WWW
Hacienda Owners Association
4473 Willow Road, Suite 105, Pleasanton, California 94588-8570
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax email@example.com e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW