NEW WHEELS SERVICES TO COMMENCE
The Livermore/Amador Valley Transit Authority (LAVTA), operator of WHEELS, is instituting a series of service modifications which will commence on Saturday, June 27, 2009. A number of changes to routes and schedules will be occurring throughout the bus system.
A summary of changes follows. New Wheels Transit Guides will be available on June 19th at the Livermore Transit Center, on all WHEELS buses, on the WHEELS website or through the contacts provided below.
- Route 1 Saturday service has been discontinued.
- Route 1A Route 1A will operate every 30 minutes Monday - Friday.
- Route 1AV Now operates as Route 1A and service to CarrAmerica is now provided by the Route 9.
- Route 1BV Now operates as Route 1B and service to CarrAmerica is now provided by Route 9.
- Route 1C Now operates with a reduced number of daily trips. Later, upon opening of access from Fallon Road to Dublin Blvd., Route 12 will replace route 1C to provide service to Dublin Boulevard east of Tassajara Road.
- Route 1E Now operates as Route 2.
- Route 3 Now operates every 60 minutes. The number of "V" trips has been reduced. Midday service has been discontinued and direct service to the Mariposa loop has also been discontinued.
- Route 8 Now operates every 60 minutes and is signified as "A/B" for easier reference. The route will no longer serve the Hansen/Paseo Santa Cruz loop. Sunday service has been discontinued.
- Route 9 Route 9 is a new service dedicated to the Hacienda Park area and replaces Route 50. The new route serves CarrAmerica directly with service every 15 minutes during weekday peak travel times.
- Route 10 Weekday midday services operates every 30 minutes. During the weekday peak travel times, service operates at a 15-minute frequency between 7 am and 9 am and 4 pm to 8 pm. After 8 pm, service is provided every 40 minutes. Saturday service is provided every 40 minutes along the Vasco/East Avenue to the Transit Center portion and every 20 minutes along the rest of the route. Sunday service now operates every 40 minutes. The local portion of the All-Nighter 24-hour service has been discontinued.
- Route 11 Provides 5 daily trips.
- Route 12 Provides service every 45-60 minutes during the midday from approximately 9 am to 4 pm and every 15-45 minutes during the peak travel times. Sunday service has been discontinued. Upon the opening of access onto Dublin Blvd. at Fallon Road, service will be extended to serve Dublin Blvd. east of Tassajara Road to serve the Dublin Ranch Villages, and Route 1C will be discontinued at that time.
- Route 15 Provides service every 60 minutes during the midday from approximately 9 am to 2 pm. Saturday service is provided every 60 minutes.
- Route 16 Operates 4 weekday trips.
- Route 18 Now operates from approximately 6 am to 9 am and from 2 pm to 6:30 pm. Midday service has been discontinued.
- Route 50 Route 50 has been replaced by the new Route 9. The Dublin Koll Center Park & Ride will no longer be served. See Route 12 for service along Dublin Boulevard.
- Route 51 This route to the Santa Rita Jail now operates on Saturday only. Sunday service is provided by Route 1.
- Route 70X has been linked with the new route 9 to improve operational efficiency within the Hacienda Business Park:
- Southbound 70X buses operate as Route 9 within the Hacienda Business Park, south of The Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.
- Northbound buses begin as Route 9 within the Hacienda Business Park and continue as Route 70X from the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station to the Walnut Creek/Pleasant Hill BART stations.
- Two weekday trips (one in AM, one in PM) will directly serve the Stoneridge Mall, West Dublin BART station (when it opens).
- Route 202* is served by two buses in the afternoon: one bus serves North Dublin Ranch, while the other serves the Dublin Ranch Villages.
- Route 613* has merged with the 611. In the morning, one bus serves both the Ruby Hill and the Vintage Hills areas. In the afternoon, service is provided with 2 buses: one travel to Ruby Hill and one to Vintage Hills.
- *Note: Students are to check the bus head signs to confirm that they are on the bus that serves their neighborhood.
- Route 810 (All-Nighter) This regional 24-hour bus service to Bay Fair in San Leandro has been discontinued.
Hacienda employees and residents are eligible for free WHEELS passes. In order to qualify for a pass, you need to be either an employee within Hacienda or a resident within one of the following Hacienda residential communities: Archstone, Avila, Siena or Verona. Bus passes entitle the bearer to free rides on all WHEELS lines. WHEELS buses connect the Tri-Valley area to locations throughout Hacienda. WHEELS buses also meet each incoming ACE and BART train during the peak commute hours to shuttle Hacienda employees to their businesses and residents to the respective stations. The WHEELS 70X I-680 express bus provides a direct link for people commuting between Hacienda and the Pleasant Hill/Walnut Creek area. Passes may be ordered at: www.hacienda.org/services/services_commute_pass.html.
Additional information on new WHEELS routes and schedules is available. Please use the contact information found below for additional details.
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100, Livermore, California 94551
(925) 455-7558 phone (925) 443-1375 fax firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail www.wheelsbus.com WWW
Hacienda Owners Association
4473 Willow Road, Suite 105, Pleasanton, California 94588-8570
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax email@example.com e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW