BRAS FOR THE CAUSE WALK
The Tri-Valley chapter of SOCKs (Stepping Out for Cancer Kures) invites you to participate in their fifth annual Bras for the Cause Breast Cancer Walk on Saturday, May 8, 2010 in Pleasanton. Join in this unique and fun event to show your support for the fight against breast cancer by raising money and awareness within your local community.
The 2010 Bras for the Cause Moonlight Walk is being held on Saturday, May 8th in downtown Pleasanton. This fun 10K fundraising walk, complete with a bra decorating contest, begins with event check-in and decorated bra judging at 5:30 pm at Amador Valley High School located at 1155 Santa Rita Road in Pleasanton. The walk begins at 7:00 pm and a finishers party and awards ceremony will be held after the walk. Proceeds from this years event will be supporting three local organizations:
- Axis Community Health will use proceeds to set up breast screening services for uninsured women in the community;
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure (SF Bay Area Affiliate) will use proceeds to support innovative local research and community-based outreach programs in the Bay Area; and
- UCSF's Helen Diller Comprehensive Cancer Center will fund research with proceeds from this year's walk.
There are many ways to participate in the event. You can walk yourself or sponsor a walker, volunteer your services, become an event sponsor or provide a donation of products or services. To find out more about the SOCKs organization or the Bras for the Cause Walk, visit their web site at www.trivalleysocks.org.
Additional information on the event and event participation is available. For details, please refer to the Tri-Valley SOCKS representative below.
PO Box 1196, Livermore, California 94551
(925) 846-1421 phone firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail www.trivalleysocks.org WWW
Hacienda Owners Association
4473 Willow Road, Suite 105, Pleasanton, California 94588-8570
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax email@example.com e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW