GREAT RACE FOR CLEAN AIR
The Bay Area Air Quality Management District and the Tri-Valley Air Quality Resource Team present the Great Race for Clean Air 2010. Be a part of the challenge to make a difference in the Bay Area. The Great Race for Clean Air is a friendly competition between Bay Area employers to encourage the use of commute alternatives such as transit, carpooling, vanpooling, walking and bicycling rather than driving solo to work to help reduce greenhouse gases and smog levels in the Bay Area.
The Great Race
The Great Race for Clean Air will run from August through September 2010 and is a great opportunity for employers to show concern for their employees and the environment. Participation in the challenge is simple:
- Register at www.sparetheair.org; registrations are due July 15th.
- Once registered, employers will receive a welcome packet with tips on how to promote the Great Race within your organization. Members of the Tri-Valley Air Quality Resource Team share ideas, tips and best practices to support and encourage the use of commute alternatives.
- During August and September employees will record their commutes in an easy-to-use online trip journal provided by 511.org. Participating employees will automatically be entered into weekly random drawings for prizes from Best Buy, Starbucks and other sponsors.
- At the conclusion of the event, participating employers will be awarded based on their efforts to reduce CO2 emissions.
Once the data has been collected at the conclusion of the Great Race for Clean Air, winners will be announced in several categories. Awards will be given based on criteria such as highest percentage of company employees participating and the most reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
Transportation Solutions Webinar
As a kick-off to the Great Race, the Santa Clara County Air Quality Resource Team invites you to a transportation solutions webinar on June 9th from noon to 1:30pm. Bay Area employers will describe their experiences implementing commute programs at their worksites, and the Great Race team will go over some of the logistics of participation. The webinar is free and available to anyone with an internet connection. Please RSVP by emailing Miriam Sorell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registrants will be emailed a link which they can follow to access the webinar.
Additional information is available about the Great Race for Clean Air by contacting the Hacienda Owners Association representative below. For information on the Tri-Valley Air Quality Resource Team, please refer to the Community Focus representative below.
1440 Broadway, Suite 714, Oakland, California 94612
(510) 763-2500 x1 phone (510) 763-2507 fax email@example.com e-mail www.sparetheair.org WWW
Hacienda Owners Association
4473 Willow Road, Suite 105, Pleasanton, California 94588-8570
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW