THE GREAT CALIFORNIA SHAKEOUT
Get ready to ShakeOut! The largest earthquake drill ever has been scheduled for Thursday, October 20, 2011.
Drop! Cover! Hold On!
At 10:20 a.m. on October 20, 2011, over 6 million Californians will "Drop, Cover, and Hold On" in The Great California ShakeOut. All businesses are encouraged to participate in the drill, or plan a more extensive exercise, at 10:20 a.m. on 10/20. ShakeOut is an important chance to get prepared and practice personal protection in the event of an earthquake. As a registered ShakeOut participant you will: learn what you can do to get prepared; be counted in the largest earthquake drill ever; receive ShakeOut news and other earthquake information; and set an example that motivates others to participate.
How to Participate
Here are a few suggestion for what businesses can do to participate in the ShakeOut. More information and resources can be found at www.ShakeOut.org/businesses.
- Plan Your Drill:
- Register at www.ShakeOut.org/register to be counted in the ShakeOut Drill, get email updates, and more.
- Have a "Drop, Cover, and Hold On" drill at 10:20 a.m. on October 20. You can also exercise other aspects of your emergency plan.
- Discuss what you learned and make improvements.
- Get Prepared for Earthquakes:
- Check your emergency supplies and equipment; make sure they are accessible and functional.
- Ask departments to inspect facilities for items that might fall and cause injury and secure them.
- Encourage employees to prepare at home.
- Provide first aid and response training for staff.
- Share the ShakeOut:
- Encourage employees to ask their friends, families and neighbors to register.
- Ask colleagues at other businesses to participate.
- Get posters, flyers, and other materials for promoting the ShakeOut at www.ShakeOut.org/resources.
- Share your experience at www.shakeout.org/drill.
Additional information on this program is available. Please refer to the Livermore Pleasanton Fire Department contact below for details.
Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department
3560 Nevada Street, Pleasanton, California 94566
(925) 454-2317 phone email@example.com e-mail www.lpfire.org WWW
Hacienda Owners Association
4473 Willow Road, Suite 105, Pleasanton, California 94588-8570
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW