HELP SPARE THE AIR
The Hacienda Owners Association is a proud supporter of the Bay Area Air Quality Management District's 2015 Spare the Air program. Annually, approximately 2,000 bay area businesses and government agencies participate in this important air quality effort by helping to spread the word when the Air District calls a Spare the Air Alert. Spare the Air Alerts inform Bay Area residents about those days where air pollution is forecast to reach unhealthy levels. Residents can make a substantial difference in regional air quality by choosing to drive less this summer.
2015 Summer Spare the Air
The 2015 Spare the Air smog season runs through the end of October. The Spare the Air Program was established by the Bay Area Air Quality Management District to educate people about air pollution, and to encourage them to change their behavior as an aid to prevention. With new more stringent federal ozone standards, it is more important than ever to make clean air choices every day.
A major component of the Spare the Air program is alerting the public of unhealthy air quality days through the Enviroflash email AirAlert system. The AirAlert system sends air quality forecasts and Spare the Air day email notifications. Spare the Air organizers are encouraging any person interested in the program to sign up individually. There are several ways to find out when a Spare the Air Alert is in effect. You can register for email AirAlerts, call 1 (800) HELP-AIR, download the Spare the Air App or connect with Spare the Air on Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Spare the Air Alerts will also be posted on the Spare the Air and www.baaqmd.gov websites. If you have already enrolled in the AirAlert program in the past, no action is required on your part. However, you may manage your subscription by logging into EnviroFlash at http://baaqmdsparetheair.enviroflash.info/.
Business Participation Sought
Businesses are also encouraged to join the Spare the Air Employer Program to help provide comprehensive notification services and assistance to their employees. Employers can enroll in the email notification program, obtain materials and get information on resources and incentives available by visiting the employer section of the web site at the following location:
www.employerssparetheair.org. Once enrolled, the Air District informs employers by email when they are expecting a Spare the Air day. Employer coordinators are notified the day before, providing them time to inform the employees at their worksite. A number of resources are available to employer participants as well. Reports, references, tool-kits and more are yours as part of the program.
A major component of the Spare the Air program is alerting the public of unhealthy air quality days. This summer, the Air District's outreach campaign is to encourage employers and their employees to look for ways to share, shorten or change their commutes so that they spend less time driving alone. Find commute programs and incentives available in the counties where you live and work online at: www.stacommutetips.org which provides aggregated commute information and tips by county.
Hacienda Spare the Air Resources
Hacienda would also like to help facilitate your participation in the Spare the Air program. As a key component of the Spare the Air program are efforts to reduce vehicle emissions, we have a number of special incentives to assist you with the use of commute alternatives. Additional information on energy management and pollution reduction is also available. Resources include:
- Free Wheels Pass All Hacienda employees and residents of Archstone, Avila, Siena and Verona may obtain a free Wheels ECO Pass to use any time on the Wheels system. This pass provides free access to: all local buses, links to and from BART and ACE rail services, and the 70X I-680 Express between Hacienda and the Pleasant Hill/Walnut Creek area. To obtain a pass, simply follow this link: www.hacienda.org/specialoffer/details/wheels%20eco%20pass.
- New Rider Program Take a ride on ACE, BART, County Connection, SJRTD or AC Transit for free. If you are interested in trying a transportation alternative for the first time, check out Hacienda's New Rider program. Details are available by logging into the Hacienda website and once logged in, proceed to the Special Offers section off the Tools menu and select Commute from the menu on the left. Registered users will be able to view details of all the new rider and commute programs available to Hacienda affiliates.
- Energy Conservation and Pollution Reduction Resources Hacienda has a number of informational materials related to the Spare the Air Campaign. If you would like a special package of Spare the Air information including energy conservation tips, details on simple actions that aid pollution reduction efforts, alternative commute guides and more, simply post an e-mail to the following address, email@example.com, and let us know what information you would like to receive.
Additional information on the Spare the Air program is available. For details, please refer to the contacts below.
Bay Area Air Quality Management District
939 Ellis Street, San Francisco, California 94109
(415) 749-4647 phone (415) 749-5101 fax firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail www.baaqmd.gov WWW
Hacienda Owners Association
4305 Hacienda Drive, Suite 330, Pleasanton, California 94588-2738
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax email@example.com e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW