PLEASANTON BICYCLE SAFETY FESTIVAL
Come join in the fun as Pleasanton hosts the Second Annual Bicycle Safety Festival. This community event welcomes everyone for an afternoon of cycling education and activities just in time for a month of bicycle celebration in May.
Pleasanton's Second Annual Bicycle Safety Festival will be taking place on Sunday, April 30 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm. The event is free of charge and will be held at the Pleasanton Library and Civic Center, located at 400 Old Bernal Avenue. Activities and presentations will be available for people of all ages and skill levels.
The afternoon will feature a number of unique cycling and pedestrian related components presented by a number of different organizations. Participants will be able to experience the following at the event:
- Youth cyclists can ride through a bicycle obstacle course to learn how to start and stop properly, avoid hazards, yield, and more!
- The Pleasanton Police Department will be on hand to conduct helmet fittings and exchanges as well as to provide crime prevention tips.
- Bike and pedestrian safety activities will be led by trained instructors from Bike East Bay and Safe Moves.
- Bike to the festival and park at the event's free bike corral.
- Bring your bike for a free minor tune-up facilitated by BikeMobile, a service sponsored by the Alameda County Safe Routes to School Program.
- Pedestrians can learn safe walking skills in a Pedestrian Safety Course.
- Additional activities include the Bike Safety Trivia Wheel, bike-powered blender and music, helmet decorating, and the Tri-Valley Bike Safety Prize Drawing.
- Free refreshments will be provided by the Pleasanton Police Officers Association and Livermore-Pleasanton Firefighters Foundation.
Additional information is available about the free bike safety festival. For details, please refer to the City of Pleasanton representative below.
City of Pleasanton, Economic Development Specialist
P.O. Box 520, Pleasanton, California 94566
(510) 931-5039 phone Ladamos@cityofpleasantonca.gov e-mail www.cityofpleasanton.gov WWW
Hacienda Owners Association
4305 Hacienda Drive, Suite 330, Pleasanton, California 94588-2738
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW