THRIVING IN THE NEW PHILANTHROPY ERA
Join the Tri-Valley Nonprofit Alliance (TVNPA) as they explore transitions in American philanthropy at their 2018 Forum Thriving in the New Philanthropy Era. In the last decade, traditional notions of philanthropy have shifted from supporting charitable causes to making a social investment. How can traditional, community-based nonprofits address these disparities and adapt to be able to thrive in this new environment? This special event will address this topic and features three local leaders who will focus their sessions on these important issues. The TVNPA provides local nonprofit organizations with opportunities to meet, collaborate, share resources, and strengthen one another as they work to raise community awareness and strive to achieve their missions.
The TVNPA 2018 Forum Thriving in the New Philanthropy Era supports will take place on Thursday April 12 from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm at the Bankhead Theater in Livermore. Topics will include how tax reform has placed new restrictions on the charitable donation deduction, how donors are sending funding overseas and letting third-parties make gifting decisions on their behalf, how the surging US economy has created a new generation of deep-pocketed philanthropists, and how non-profits need to re-calibrate their fundraising strategies. The panel of speakers includes:
- Jan Masaoka, CEO of the California Association of Nonprofits, a statewide alliance of more than 10,000 nonprofits
- Randy Pond, CFO at Pensando Systems, who has also held executive leadership positions with Cisco Systems, Crescendo Communications, and Xerox Engineering Systems
- Kate Wilkinson, Director of Philanthropy and Strategy Engagements for Open Impact, a strategic advisory firm that partners with nonprofit and philanthropic leaders to effect positive social change
Tickets for this event are just $15.00 for TVNPA members and $30.00 for non-members. Event registration is available at the following location: events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=hzw6ndsab&oeidk=a07ef57gfii4cbd2005.
Additional information on the event are available. For details, please refer to the Tri-Valley Nonprofit Alliance representative below.
Tri-Valley Nonprofit Alliance
PO Box 2467, Livermore, California 94551
(925) 583-2311 phone email@example.com e-mail www.tvnpa.org/ WWW
Hacienda Owners Association
4305 Hacienda Drive, Suite 330, Pleasanton, California 94588-2738
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW