NEW SUBSIDY PROGRAM BENEFITS BAY AREA
The Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) in conjunction with the Bay Area Air Quality Management District is currently providing subsidies to both new and existing vanpool commuters to offset their transportation costs. MTC is the transportation planning, financing and coordinating agency for the nine-county San Francisco Bay Area. The Bay Area Air Quality Management District is a public agency that regulates the stationary sources of air pollution in the nine counties of California's San Francisco Bay Area.
A $9.5 million commitment approved by the Metropolitan Transportation Commission in July 2018 allows qualifying vanpools that rent their vehicles through Commute With Enterprise, a service of Enterprise Rent-A-Car, to reduce the cost of their van rates by $350 a month, initially for the next five years. A vanpool typically consists of seven to 15 people commuting to and from home to work; often with two or three participants sharing the driving. If the vanpool includes seven people, the Bay Area Vanpool Program subsidy would average $50 per person per month. Participants can use pretax dollars to pay for the remainder of their vanpool expenses, further reducing the cost of their shared commute. Commuters who do not already have a group with which to vanpool can learn how to join a vanpool or start a new one by visiting www.511.org/carpool-vanpool/vanpool/overview.
Program Application and Requirements
Vanpools can apply for the Bay Area Vanpool Program subsidies on the Enterprise site at www.commutewithenterprise.com/en/partners/mtc.html. In order to participate in the Bay Area Vanpool Program, certain minimum conditions must be met. The following requirements are mandatory for program participation:
- the vanpool must start or end in one of the nine Bay Area counties;
- the vanpool must consist of a minimum of seven riders and a maximum of 15 riders;
- the vanpool must maintain a 50% participant occupancy throughout a given month;
- the vanpool must be open to any member of the the public and cannot be restricted to a particular company or group; and
- participants in the vanpool must agree to daily trip recording.
Additional information relating to this program is available. For details, please refer to the Pleasanton Community of Character Collaborative representative below.
Commute with Enterprise
2633 Camino Ramon, Suite 400, San Ramon, California, 94583
(800) 826-4967 phone firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail CommuteWithEnterprise.com WWW
Hacienda Owners Association
4305 Hacienda Drive, Suite 330, Pleasanton, California 94588-2738
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax email@example.com e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW