Published August 21, 2001
WHEELS SCHEDULE CHANGES
Effective August 26, 2001 WHEELS will be implementing a new operating schedule. A few changes will affect Hacienda riders.
Routes and Times
The new schedules are posted online at http://www.lavta.org/newschedules/schedule.html for reference, and WHEELS' staff are available to answer questions. The following highlights the most important changes taking effect on August 26, 2001:
- More vehicles will be added to the service on Routes 10 and 12 in order to improve on-time arrivals and departures along the line and at transfer points. As a result, the departure times have changed for some of these buses.
- Minor time changes have been made to all routes except Route 4B and the Saturday service on Route 15.
- Pleasanton/Dublin DART service has been expanded to include Sunday service from the hours of 8:30 am to 6:00 pm.
- DART service has been added to Livermore on Sundays between the hours of 8:30 am to 6:00 pm.
- The Saturday Route 18 has been changed to DART service to provide passengers with greater flexibility. Service hours will run from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm and will serve the south western part of Livermore along the following boundaries: North - Interstate 580, South - Concannon Blvd., East - North/South Livermore Avenue, West - Isabel Avenue
- The Saturday Route 10A has been changed to DART service and will operate from 8:30 am to 6:00 am.
- A direct shuttle from Dublin Pleasanton BART to Hacienda Crossings shopping center including a stop at Emerald Green Sports Park will operate twice an hour.
Hacienda Employees and Residents are Eligible for Free Passes
As an employee or affiliated resident within Hacienda, you are eligible for a free WHEELS pass valid on all WHEELS lines. WHEELS buses connect the Tri-Valley area to locations throughout Hacienda. WHEELS buses also meet each incoming ACE and BART train during the peak commute hours to shuttle Hacienda employees to their businesses. During off-peak commute hours, WHEELS DART service shuttles passengers to and from the BART station as well as other destinations in the WHEELS service area. In addition, WHEELS I-680 express bus service provides a direct link for people commuting between Hacienda and Pleasant Hill/Walnut Creek. Please visit the Association's web site at: www.hacienda.org/materials/materials_commute_pass.html to order your free pass.
New Rider Program
Hacienda sits at the junction of over eight different transit services. If you are interested in trying one of these services, there are a number of incentives to help you get started. Are you a first-time rider interested in a free ride on the Bay Area's most comprehensive rail system? We will send you a special invitation from BART to try their system with an $8 BART ticket. Direct access from the San Joaquin Valley is yours on the ACE commuter rail system. First-time riders receive a free round-trip ticket and an opportunity to purchase your first monthly pass at half price. Commuters from Stockton, Manteca and Tracy can travel to Hacienda in comfort and style on SMART. Free round-trip tickets are available for first-time riders. Commuters from Antioch, Oakley, Brentwood and Byron can get out of their cars and into comfortable, state-of-the-art buses for a relaxing ride to Hacienda. New riders can try a free round-trip ride and a two-for-one discount on their first monthly pass. To learn more about Hacienda's First Time Rider Program and to order your incentives, follow this link: www.hacienda.org/materials/materials_commute_rider.html.
Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority (WHEELS)
1362 Rutan Court, Suite 100, Livermore, California 94550
(925) 455-7500 phone (925) 443-1375 fax email@example.com e-mail www.wheelsbus.org WWW
Hacienda Owners Association
4473 Willow Road, Suite 105, Pleasanton, California 94588-8570
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW