Published June 4, 2002
INTERCHANGE CONSTRUCTION BEGINS JUNE 5TH
The two-lane northbound I-580 overcrossing will be demolished as part of the I-580/Tassajara Road/Santa Rita Road interchange improvements project. This work will begin Wednesday, June 5, 2002.
Detours and Lane Changes
Northbound traffic traveling on Santa Rita Road between Pimlico Drive and the I-580 westbound off-ramp will be detoured onto the southbound bridge over I-580 while a new northbound bridge is constructed. Travel lanes will be narrowed in order to accommodate two southbound lanes and two northbound lanes over the bridge during the detour period. Access on and off the freeway will be kept open but motorists should expect to encounter significant delays as a result of this detour. Southbound left turn movements onto Pimlico Drive will still be permitted during the detour. Construction of the northbound bridge is expected to take about seven months.
Full interchange improvements will include:
- Demolishing the existing two-lane northbound Tassajara Road overcrossing
- Constructing a new three-lane northbound Tassajara Road overcrossing
- Constructing an auxiliary lane along eastbound I-580 from the northbound to eastbound Santa Rita Road on-ramp to the El Charro Road off-ramp
- Widening the westbound I-580 off-ramp from a one-lane to a two-lane exit and providing a 400-meter auxiliary lane in advance of the exit
- Reconstructing the westbound I-580 loop on-ramp
- Widening the diagonal westbound I-580 on-ramp to two lanes
This project is sponsored by the City of Dublin, in cooperation with Caltrans and the City of Pleasanton. Questions regarding the detour and construction should be directed to Mr. Jim Scott, City of Dublin Resident Engineer, at (925) 479-9736.
Hacienda Owners Association
4473 Willow Road, Suite 105, Pleasanton, California 94588-8570
(925) 734-6500 phone (925) 734-6501 fax firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW