PLEASANTON GREEN SCENE FAIR
Hacienda and the City of Pleasanton are hosting the first annual Pleasanton Green Scene Fair. Come find out how easy it is to adopt simple practices to help create a sustainable lifestyle. Special support in the form of sponsorship is also being provided by Gold Sponsors SunPower, Mobius Computers, and California Building Performance Contractors Association, and Silver Sponsors Wellness in Nutrition, REC Solar and 1st United Services Credit Union.
Event Date and Location
The Pleasanton Green Scene Fair is being held on Thursday, October 21, 2010 from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm at the CarrAmerica Conference Center located at 4400 Rosewood Drive in Hacienda. The Pleasanton Green Scene Fair has been specifically designed to make it convenient for nearby employees and residents to attend. Jointly hosted by Hacienda and the City of Pleasanton, the event will feature over 75 different vendors specializing in green practices in six main categories: Air, Water, Waste, Energy, Commuting and Transportation, and Healthy Homes and Health Living.
The fair will allow you to visit green and sustainable businesses and organizations who will provide information on energy efficiency, alternative commute options, water conservation, recycling, and locally-sourced produce. These companies and non-profits are dedicated to saving you money while helping you reduce your energy usage, conserve water, recycle everyday waste, find alternatives to individual commuting, and provide access to local, organic fruits and vegetables. Attendees can learn about green strategies for everything from installing solar panels to getting rid of aphids in the garden. Representatives from PG&E, StopWaste, and other organizations will be on hand to share conservation and recycling information, while lunch will be available from purveyors of organic and sustainably farmed foods.
In addition to green products and services, two food vendors will be on hand who mix the art of good food with sustainable dining practices. A tasty lunch selection will be available for purchase at the Pleasanton Green Scene Fair from Faz Restaurant and the Courtyard Cafe. Faz will feature a delicious Mediterranean box lunch consisting of chicken or beef Kabobs (or a vegetarian option) and aromatic Basmati rice along with baklava dessert and Sour Cherry Lemonade. You can pre-order from Faz online at: http://www.fazrestaurants.com/green_scene.html. The Courtyard Café will offer an assortment of gourmet sandwiches, wraps, soups, salads and side dishes in addition to cold drinks and snacks. Check out the Courtyard Cafe's daily menu at: http://www.aramarkcafe.com/layouts/classic_new/locationhome.aspx?locationid=1336 If you would like to order lunch meals for your group or company, please contact each food vendor directly.
A treasure hunt and raffle of green-related prizes will add fun and suspense. Attendees simply visit exhibitors and sponsors and get their Treasure Map stamped by the booth and then fill out their contact information and drop the map in the raffle box to win such prizes as: gift cards for exhibitors businesses and local attractions, movie tickets, gift baskets, wine and safety kits. As befits the overall objective, demonstration buses from LAVTA will be available to take people to the event to cut down on the need for personal driving. Here is a sample of some of the categories and over 75 companies who will be exhibiting at the Green Scene Fair.
- Transportation: Hop on the latest Segway & take it for a spin (www.siliconsegway.com); test drive an electric bicycle from ELV Motors (www.elvmotors.com); discover the latest in hybrid technology from Dublin Honda, (www.dublinhonda.com); and learn about ridesharing with 511 Rideshare (http://rideshare.511.org/) and many other organizations.
- Energy: Find out about solar electric systems from SunPower (www.Sunpowercorp.com) and REC Solar (www.recsolar.com); Experience day lighting systems without bulbs or wires from Sola-Brite (www.solabrite.com/index.asp); learn from certified green builders how to have an energy efficient, comfortable and healthy home (www.CBPCA.org).
- Water: Learn about how to replace your water hungry lawns with Smart Lawns (www.smartlawnsinc.com); or how to design an eco-friendly yard (www.susanballinger.com); and discover the latest in high efficiency toilets & fixtures from Kohler (www.kohler.com).
- Food: Sample fresh, organic fruits and vegetables from local, sustainable farms that can be delivered to your home or office from local farms (www.terrabellafamilyfarm.com) and (www.farmfreshtoyou.com); taste natural healthy drinks (www.yakultusa.com); and a great locally sourced Mediterranean lunch can be purchased onsite from Faz Restaurant (www.fazrestaurants.com).
- Recycled materials: Discover great green products made from recycled water bottles and yogurts containers (www.proforma.com).
Bring your electronic waste to the Green Scene Fair event for Free safe and proper disposal courtesy of Mobius Computers, Corporate Electronic Waste Recyclers. E-waste items being accepted include: Televisions, Flat Panels, Monitors, Computers, Laptops, Computer Accessories, Printers, Hard Drives, Game Consoles, DVDs, VCRs, Telephones, Cellphones, PDAs, Digital Cameras, Radios and Stereo Components among other common household electronics. Companies can also inquire about Mobius drop off service for small items or pick-up at companies for large/multiple items. If you have any questions about recycling other e-waste not listed above or about corporate e-waste recycling, please contact Mobius Computers directly at (888) 876-0790 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Get to the Event
The event is being held at the CarrAmerica Conference Center at 4400 Rosewood Drive in Pleasanton. The center can be accessed off of Rosewood Drive from Owens Drive or Santa Rita Road. WHEELS buses will be conducting demonstration runs during the event that can conveniently shuttle people to and from the CarrAmerica Conference Center. Details on bus schedules can be found at the following location: pleasantongreenscene.org/node/50.
The Pleasanton Green Scene Fair is co-hosted by Hacienda and the City of Pleasanton. Other major event support has been provided the CarrAmerica Conference Center.
Hacienda Owners Association
4473 Willow Road, Suite 105, Pleasanton, California 94588-8570
(925) 734-6535 phone (925) 734-6501 fax email@example.com e-mail www.hacienda.org WWW