Published June 16, 1998
Volume 6, Number 6
- Vice President Al Gore used PictureTalk visual communication software last month to communicate to school children across the country over the Internet as part of National NetDay.
"We selected PictureTalk because it has proven itself to be a reliable cross-platform visual communication solution and required no additional hardware installation at any of the schools or the White House," said Jazmin Johnson, National NetDay coordinator.
- The new Nellcor Puritan Bennett 840 Ventilator System for critically ill patients has received marketing clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Distribution of the product, which is already available in Europe, Latin America, and parts of Asia, is expected to begin in the United States immediately.
- PeopleSoft has reached a new performance milestone with its PeopleSoft 7 Human Resources application. Benchmark tests show that the application can support 10,000 concurrent users when paired with the Hewlett-Packard 9000 V2250 Enterprise Server. The two companies have worked together since 1987.
- Documentum added 46 new customers in the first quarter of 1998, bringing their cumulative total to over 400. Companies added include Bosch GmbH, Samsung, Hitachi Semiconductor, Raytheon, ABB, and United Space Alliance.
- Kronos Inc. has been selected by the State of Kansas as the sole provider of time and leave management technology in a five-year contract signed with Andersen Consulting.
- Remedy Corp. and Oracle Corp. will tightly integrate Remedy's Help Desk software with the Oracle8 database server. The agreement will allow users to share information between the leading help desk and enterprise resouce planning applications without requiring custom integration.
Also in this issue ...
- Robert Half International to Expand in Park
- Transdyn Helps Bring Traffic Under Control
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile—Steve Tanner, Tanner Insurance Brokers
- Hacienda Employees Enjoy Lunchtime Soccer
- Two Public Parks Totalling Over 9 Acres to Break Ground in Hacienda
- City of Pleasanton Unveils New First-Time Home Buyer Program
- Tri-Valley Herald, Convention & Visitors Bureau Team Up on Information Booklet
- Lucent Cycle Rice Brings 400 Riders to Hacienda on July 11
- Hacienda Index