Published October 24, 2016
Volume 24, Number 10
JOHN MUIR HEALTH PLEASANTON OUTPATIENT
CENTER OFFERS A VARIETY OF CONVENIENT
New John Muir location in Hacienda
Thanks to the recent debut of the Pleasanton Outpatient Center in Hacienda, the Tri-Valley community has increased access to a wide variety of medical services in one convenient location. The 5860 Owens Drive facility, which is the offspring of a partnership between John Muir Health and Tenet Healthcare, offers plentiful free parking and easy access to BART and several other transit options.
What sets the Pleasanton Outpatient Center apart is the availability of so many different care services under one roof. The Outpatient Center houses primary care physicians, pediatricians, an Urgent Care Center, imaging services, and lab services. In addition, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Cardiology and other specialties are being added.
The facility also hosts a number of classes that are open to the public, many of which are no cost. Upcoming free classes cover a variety of topics, including Advanced Health Care Directives; Avoiding the Holiday Eating Frenzy; Caregiving — Caring for Your Loved One, Caring for Yourself; Coping with Holiday Stress and Blues; How Can I Keep my Bones Strong?; Intimacy over 60; Meet the Pediatricians; Men’s Sexuality and Healthy Aging; an Introduction to Mindfulness Techniques: Practices for Improving Your Wellbeing; Stay in the Game — Prevention and Care of Common Sports Injuries; You’re Pregnant, Now What?; and Your Metabolism and Weight Loss.
Currently scheduled classes offered at the Pleasanton Outpatient Center for a fee include Breastfeeding Your Infant; Childbirth — Prepared Childbirth; Childbirth — Convenience Class; CPR — Infant and Child CPR; a five-week series on Mindfulness Techniques; and Newborn Care.
“Through our partnership with San Ramon Regional Medical Center and Tenet, we are excited to be providing the Tri-Valley community expanded choices for high-quality, patient-centered care, close to home in a modern, healing environment,” said Lee Huskins, president and chief administrative officer of John Muir Health’s Physician Network.
The design of the Pleasanton facility is based off of John Muir Health’s Walnut Creek Outpatient Center, which is driven by the needs of patients, incorporating important attributes like convenience, access, cost-effective care, service and quality. Patients can also message their John Muir Health doctor, schedule appointments, view lab results, request prescription renewals, and get diagnosed and treated using eVisits online through MyJohnMuirHealth.com.
Health care providers and services either currently available or in the planning stages at the Pleasanton Outpatient Center include:
• Primary Care (Internal and Family Medicine)
• Pediatric Care
• Urgent Care Services, available 7 days per week
• Imaging Services including X-rays, Ultrasounds, MRI, Mammograms, CT and Dexa
• Lab Services
• Care Coordination for those with chronic conditions
• Senior Services
• Wellness Services
• Using MyJohnMuirHealth, patients can send a message to their doctor, schedule
appointments, view lab results and more; and
• Coming in mid- to late-2017, Specialty Care (including Obstetrics/Gynecology, Cardiology and other specialties) which is currently provided at offsite locations.
Services delivered at the Pleasanton Outpatient Center are available to the entire community, which means it is not necessary to have a doctor located at the center to use its services. Of course, it is always wise to check with your health insurance provider for the specific coverage and details of your plan.
For more information on the Pleasanton Outpatient Center, visit www.johnmuirhealth.com/locations/outpatient-center-pleasanton.html. For the latest class schedule or to register for a class, access johnmuirhealth.com/classes or call (925) 941-7900, option 1.
Also in this issue...
- Pulte Homes Moves Northern California Headquarters to Hacienda
- Mark Ballas Dance Brings Ballroom Moves and More to Hacienda
- Business Bits
- Optometrists Susan Kim and Edward Laubach See Eye to Eye in Business, Marriage
- Coast Launches Mobile, On-Demand Oil Change, Auto Maintenance Service
- Edward Jones Aims to Make Financial Freedom an Easier Target for Clients
- Hacienda Companies Benefit from a Host of Business Support Organizations Working on Local, Regional Levels
- Bay Area Commuter Benefits Program to Continue Permanently After Approval from State Legislature, Governor
- Pleasanton Chamber’s “Beyond the Cloud 4.0” Luncheon Provides Strategic Insights
- John Muir Health Pleasanton Outpatient Center Offers a Variety of Convenient Services
- Hacienda October Index