Published August 17, 1999
Volume 7, Number 8
Hacienda Companies to Compete at TechFest '99
PeopleSoft, Remedy, Inacom, SkillSet, and ProBusiness are among the companies taking part in TechFest, an evening of fun competition to be held September 24 benefitting Pleasanton Partnerships in Education Foundation (PPIE).
Returning as host for the second annual event is KTVU-TV sportscaster Mark Ibanez, joined this year by former 49er Kermit Washington.
"The best event last year was Human Foosball," says Leslie Roe, executive director of PPIE. Other events include inflatable horse racing and the popular CEO challenge, where company executives compete to see who's really boss.
Last year, the event raised around $50,000 for the group. "The money goes directly towards supporting the kids, mostly through our grant program," explains Roe.
This year's sponsors are the Tri-Valley Herald, American Airlines, and the Alameda County Fairgrounds.
Interested businesses may register to participate at TechFest through September 17. For more information, call the PPIE at (925) 846-5620.
Also in this issue ...
- Two New Projects Announced for Park
- Four Points Sees New Renovations, More
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile — Chris Nozet, Kronos, Inc.
- Jerry Lewis Telethon Finds a Local Home at Goal Line
- Pleasanton's Parks Offer a Host of Outdoor Hiking and Recreation Opportunities
- BART Offers Workshop for New Riders
- On-Site Training Programs Offered by Center for Business and Education Partnerships
- Hacienda Companies to Compete at TechFest '99
- Hacienda Index