Published April 18, 2000
Volume 8, Number 4
- Commerce One announced the availability of the Commerce One MarketSite Portal Solution for Net Market Makers, a hosted e-commerce solution that allows companies to quickly develop business-to-business e-marketplaces. Companies from industries including building, plastics, healthcare, commercial vehicle, banking, apparel and metals are already using the service.
- In an industry first, the nation's five largest homebuilders -- Lennar, Pulte, Centex, D.R. Horton, Inc. and Kaufman & Broad -- are forming an e-commerce company for new home listings and related product sales and services. They are expecting to advertise over 200,000 homes on the new Web site which will be open to all builders for participation.
- SkillSet Software and InterNoded have announced an agreement to provide a hosting solution for SkillSet's Employment Exchange application. Employment Exchange is a work force management application that links a corporation's recruiting staff, hiring managers, employees, applicants and partners. This collaborative recruiting system will help organizations gain a competitive edge by helping hire, deploy and retain valuable talent.
- PeopleSoft, Inc. and SkillsVillage.com have announced a partnership to offer the first XML-based business-to-business network to meet the needs of services firms worldwide in locating, assigning and managing consulting talent.Customers may quickly source projects internally through PeopleSoft applications and have access to SkillsVillage.com's pool of more than 20,000 consultants.
- Remedy Corporation announced that Nike Inc. has selected Purchasing@Work as its eProcurement solution to reduce costs for Maintenance, Repairs, and Operations (MRO) purchases. Remedy Purchasing@Work will become part of the Nike corporate intranet to provide Nike employees access to on-line procurement.
Also in this issue ...
- Tut Systems to Move Headquarters to Hacienda
- Adicom to Relocate, Expand into Hacienda
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile — John O'Neill, J.M. O'Neill Inc.
- Emerging E-Business Efforts are Finding a Groundswell of Support
- Tri-Valley Business Council Envisions the Optimum Future for the Area in "Golden Valley" Plan
- Transportation Survey a Win-Win for Businesses, Commuters, City of Pleasanton
- HCEN Offers a Series of Workshops to Improve Skills for Business Professionals
- Fair Seeks Participants for Technology Adventures
- UC Berkeley Seeks Help with New Internship Program
- Hacienda Index