Published February 20, 2001
Volume 9, Number 2
@Work Financial Workshop Offered at Discount to Hacienda Employees
If financial and retirement planning are on your New Year's resolution list, you'll want to attend the The@Work Financial Workshop, presented by Las Positas Community Education and offered at a special discount price to Hacienda employees.
This educational "basic training" course in personal finance is designed to help you save and invest wisely, lower taxes, understand and use your professional benefits, and plan for a financially-independent future. Course objectives are to help you determine your personal financial goals, develop a plan to meet them and understand a variety of investments.
Topics covered will include financial principles, investments, investment strategies, retirement contributions, taking money out of retirement plans, risk management, and estate planning. No specific commercial products or services are offered or discussed.
Giving the workshop is Mark Swartz of Successful Money Management Seminars. He holds a B.A. in economics and business management from the University of Wisconsin and specializes in retirement and estate planning. He speaks frequently on topics of retirement for public school employees, 401K participation, and long-term health care.
The workshop, in four sessions, will be presented on Tuesdays, March 7, 14, 21, 28 from 6:008:30 p.m. at the Four Points Hotel, 5115 Hopyard Road in Hacienda. The special Hacienda employees discount price is $49 for the entire program of four sessions. It includes a 100-page textbook of financial information pertaining to the topics. Each participant will complete a financial plan for the future by the end of the four sessions.
Hacienda employees can register for the seminar by calling (800) 440-6774.
Also in this issue ...
- Randstad Communications Brings Headquarters to Park
- Network Robots Offers Internet Breakthrough
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: John Salle, 1st United Services Credit Union
- Hacienda's JEOL Serves Scientific, Silicon Communities and a Nobel Prize Winner
- Hacienda's Real Estate Professionals, Combined with City Programs, Offer Great Housing Resources for Buyers, Renters
- Hacienda Companies Honored by Mayor for Continued Use of Commute Alternatives
- @Work Financial Workshop Offered at Discount to Hacienda Employees
- Wine, Food are the Stars at 17th Annual "Taste of the Valley"
- Hacienda Index