Published September 18, 2001
Volume 9, Number 9
- Hacienda's Ellie Mae has entered into an alliance with Appraisal.com which will allow Ellie Mae's customers access to Appraisal.com's Nationwide Appraisal Network, an online, national appraisal ordering, delivery, and management service. Approximately 8,000 appraisers participate in the program.
"Working with Appraisal.com fits into our model because their system offers our customers more choice through a very large network of participating appraisers as well as user-friendly functionality," said Fred Myer, executive vice president of settlement services for Ellie Mae.
- PeopleSoft has purchased the intellectual property and other assets of Cohera Inc., a Hayward-based maker of content management software. Cohera's technology helps people in purchasing and merchandising departments create and manage catalogs for buying and selling goods and services over the Internet. The software also enables suppliers to load product information into their customers' catalogs.
- Hacienda's IronPlanet, providers of a full-service online marketplace for the buyers and sellers of used heavy equipment, sold 61 pieces for nearly $2.8 million on Sept. 6 during the industry's largest auction of inspected used construction equipment. In addition to significantly reducing the time and cost to buy or sell this equipment, IronPlanet greatly reduces risk to customers by providing independent, insured inspection reports to buyers for all equipment and by credit qualifying buyers before they bid.
- Shaklee Corporation has selected Altura International to implement a custom Web-based shopping portal to support over 500,000 Shaklee independent distributors in their purchasing and recruitment efforts.
The Shaklee Catalog City site will offer Shaklee distributors an incentive plan for their own purchases online as well as those made by customers they refer to the site. The site will greatly expand the amount and type of products Shaklee distributors currently market to their customers beyond Shaklee's existing product lines of over 250 nutritional and herbal supplements, personal care and household products.
- Congratulations to ProBusiness on their victory in the East Bay Business Times Corporate Softball Challenge, where they came out on top of a 20-team field. Hacienda's PeopleSoft finished second.
Also in this issue ...
- ProBusiness' Growth Leads to Further Expansion in Park
- C.H. Robinson Keeps Goods on the Move, Worldwide
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile — Pete Snyder, BART Director
- Charis Intercultural Consulting is a Pioneer in Globalization of Business
- Area Counties Offer a Variety of Transit Incentives to Hacienda Commuters
- Tri-Valley Transportation Guide
- WageWorks Offers Transit Benefit Program to Park Tenants
- Rideshare Week Offers Commuters a Trip to Paris
- Hacienda Index