Published December 17, 2002
Volume 10, Number 12
- HRO Today, the leading magazine of the Human Resources Outsourcing (HRO) industry, has named two ProBusiness executives — Thomas H. Sinton, chairman and chief executive officer, and Jeffrey M. Bizzack, executive vice president, sales and marketing — to its “100 Superstars in HR Outsourcing” list. “We picked Tom Sinton and Jeff Bizzack for the 100 Superstars list because they effectively wrote the book on client service in our industry,” says Jay Whitehead, president and publisher of HRO Today. “Tom and Jeff helped build ProBusiness into the heavyweight champion of client service and an industry powerhouse dedicated to serving the HR outsourcing needs of large corporations.”
- Cingular Wireless became the first company in its industry to offer gift cards for Cingular customers. The cards, available in denominations of $25, $50, and $100, are available in more than 950 retail locations nationwide and may be redeemed for accessories, cellular phones, and related services.
- Four Hacienda executives took part in the Pleasanton Partnerships in Education Foundation’s recent “Principal for a Day” event. As a Principal for a Day, participants are given a unique experience, a glimpse into the day-to-day business of education, its achievements and its challenges. Participants included Howard Davis of Robert Half International (Amador Valley High), Judy Silva of ProBusiness (Donlon Elementary), and Debbie Shotwell and Jeff Stalcup of PeopleSoft (Foothill High).
- Rick W. Gross, a financial adviser with Hacienda’s American Express Financial Advisors, has been selected for the company’s prestigious President’s Recognition Award. The award recognizes American Express financial advisors who have consistently provided the highest quality of advice to clients within their practice. Winners must produce comprehensive financial plans which exhibit a thorough analysis of client needs and financial goals with clear and suitable recommendations for achieving those goals. Gross was nominated for the award by his peers within the company.
- China Construction Bank (CCB), one of China’s top four state-owned commercial banks, has completed a nationwide video conferencing network built using video endpoints and video infrastructure systems from Polycom, a company headquartered in Hacienda. The new network, which links regional offices in 38 provincial capitols, will be used to improve operating efficiency and speed face-to-face communications between executives at the CCB’s Beijing headquarters and those in the capitols. CCB is one of China's biggest lenders, operating tens of thousands of branches and sub-branches across the country.
Also in this issue ...
- ConAgra Foods Opens Sales Office in Hacienda
- OmniPros Helps Clients Customize IT Tools
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Pete Ruggeri, Ruggeri-Jensen-Azar & Associates
- Nor-Ski Offers the Gear You Need to Hit the Slopes, Plus a Lot More
- NLR Investment Services Helps You Plan Your Financial Future
- Hacienda Retail and Service Directory
- Free Information About the Commuter Choice Tax Benefit Program Available
- Guaranteed Ride Home Program Expands
- Livermore Valley Opera Invites You to Dinner With Carmen
- Hacienda Child Development Center and Hacienda School
- Hacienda Index