Volume 11, Number 1
- ProBusiness has entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by Automatic Data Processing for $17.00 per common share, or a total of approximately $500 million, in cash. “We are excited by the agreement to add ProBusiness’ services to ADP’s offerings,” said Tom Sinton, ProBusiness CEO. “By combining ProBusiness’ focus on Service Excellence and our leadership in managed services with ADP’s impressive services, global reach and financial strength, we can deliver the very best solutions to clients, and become a strong contributor to ADP’s continuing success.” The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, including ProBusiness shareholder approval and normal regulatory review.
- Customer Inter@ction Solutions magazine, the premier CRM, call center and teleservices magazine published since 1982 by Technology Marketing Corporation, named divine MindAlign as a Product of the Year winner for 2002. divine MindAlign is a real-time collaboration solution that provides secure, persistent topic-based channels for business communication.
- Standard Pacific Corp. recorded record orders for new homes in both the month of December and the fourth quarter of 2002. The company received orders for 488 homes in December, an increase of 50 percent from the same period last year. Their fourth quarter numbers showed a 94 percent increase from year to year.
- Strength in the housing sector was also reflected in data released by Countrywide Financial Corporation. “Total fundings of $35.2 billion in December marked a monthly record for Countrywide,” said Stanford L. Kurland, chief operating officer. “Total fundings of $102.1 billion in the fourth quarter produced the first $100 billion quarter in the history of the company. More importantly, year-to-date fundings eclipsed the $250 billion level, 82 percent higher than the $138.2 billion produced in 2001.”
- Individual Software Inc., a Hacienda-based developer and publisher of personal productivity, educational, and training software, has recently published nine new software titles. They include: Professor Teaches Office XP version 3; Typing Instructor Deluxe version 15; Professor Teaches How to Create Web Pages version 3; Professor Teaches Windows XP; ResumeMaker Deluxe version 10; Heritage Family Tree Deluxe; Professional Business PlanMaker Deluxe; Hanes T-Shirt Maker Plus Deluxe; and Screen Creator Deluxe version 7.
Also in this issue ...
- H&R Block Mortgage Leases Space at Hacienda
- Tevet Process Control Technologies Opens Facility in Park
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: John MacDougall, Golden Apple Learning Store
- At Tanner Insurance, Customer Relationships are the Key to Success
- Hacienda Cleaners Picks Up and Delivers
- Hacienda Adds Two New Facilities in 2002, with More Under Construction
- Tri-Valley Business Council Proceeds Toward the Future with Vision 2010
- Toastmasters Help Members Develop Their Speaking Skills
- Community Health Charities Makes Donating to a Cause as Easy as Payroll Deduction
- BAAQMD Woodburning Handbook
- Hacienda Index