Volume 11, Number 5
- In a transaction involving two companies headquartered in Hacienda, ProBusiness Services has completed the certification of its tax and W-2 interfaces for PeopleSoft 8.3. These interfaces allow ProBusiness to provide national tax deposit and filing services to companies who utilize PeopleSoft’s Payroll for North America software. ProBusiness, which has been serving PeopleSoft payroll users since 1998, is one of the first payroll outsourcing services providers to be certified for the latest version of PeopleSoft’s product. “Through utilization of the ProBusiness interface, companies using PeopleSoft’s payroll solution can outsource their payroll tax payment and reporting business process, and allow experts like ProBusiness to manage the risk and complexity of payroll tax filing,” says Jenni Lehman, vice president of Human Capital Management Product Strategy at PeopleSoft.
- UnionBanCal Corp. subsidiary UBOC Insurance has acquired Hacienda’s Tanner Insurance Brokers Inc., the second-largest insurance brokerage in the East Bay. Tanner had premium volume of $230 million in 2002. The acquisition is part of the bank’s strategy to provide added value to its commercial customers by offering a broader range of business and financial services. “We are fortunate to have found such a strong financial partner as Union Bank, whose proven focus is to provide outstanding service and financial products to their customers,” said Steve Tanner, president and CEO of Tanner Insurance Brokers. “They are truly one of the leading and most respected financial institutions in California and our relationship will create significant new opportunities for both our clients and our employees. In short, they are the perfect strategic partner.”
- SBC Long Distance, which is headquartered in Hacienda, reports that 13 percent of the company’s residential customers in California have signed up for their long distance service since it became available in late December. In the six other states where SBC offers long distance, the company has signed up about 50 percent of its residential customers.
- Several companies with facilities in Hacienda made The Chronicle 200, the San Francisco Chronicle’s list of the 200 top companies in the Bay Area. They include AMD (28 on the list), Agilent (15), Cisco Systems (6), Extreme Networks (104), Foundry Networks (123), Hewlett-Packard (2), Oracle (13), PeopleSoft (36), Polycom (100), ProBusiness Services (167), Providian Financial (22), Robert Half International (38), Ross Stores (25), Safeway (4), Sun Microsystems (10), Wells Fargo & Co. (7), and Westaff (94).
Also in this issue ...
- Ross Stores Signs Lease for Corporate Headquarters in Hacienda
- American Qualified Gives Employees a Stake in Private Business
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Young-Dae Kim, Ph.D., Darim Vision Corp.
- California Indemnity Insurance Keeps Clients Covered for Workers Compensation
- Top Companies Turn to TechRP for Temporary Staffing Needs
- Performing Arts in the Tri-Valley
- Tri-Valley Resource Team on Air Quality Helps Us All Breath Easy
- U.S. Post Office Provides Useful Services for Business
- Hacienda VIP Days Coming at Six Flags Marine World
- Accelerate Your Commute
- Hacienda Index