Volume 11, Number 6
- PeopleSoft and IBM have entered into a strategic joint development initiative to port and optimize PeopleSoft's industry-leading enterprise applications to the Linux operating system, running on IBM hardware. PeopleSoft has also become the first enterprise applications vendor to announce plans to certify Apple's open sourcebased Safari web browser. Users of PeopleSoft applications will be able to take advantage of unique features of Apple's Safari including SnapBack navigation that enables a user to step back through a transaction with a single click rather than many, which will help increase productivity. PeopleSoft notes the support for Safari "demonstrates PeopleSoft's continued commitment to open source software."
- The East Bay Business Times reports that Signature Properties has agreed to purchase a 237 acre parcel near Richmond Parkway and I-580 in Richmond. The weekly notes that a combination of housing and mixed-use projects would be proposed for the site.
- Pixion, Inc., the Hacienda-based provider of cross-platform web conferencing solutions, has added two companies to its Business Partner Program. Kerridge Media Services, a leading provider of multi-location audio-visual services and media management solutions, and VoiceText Communications, a full-service communication solutions provider for small and large businesses, will offer PictureTalk as part of their conferencing solutions product portfolios. "We are extremely pleased to have Kerridge Media Services and VoiceText Communications on board as new members of our growing Business Partner Program," says Manny Yap, Pixion's channel and partner sales manager. "Both companies bring with them a wide range of expertise in the conferencing space and are experienced in building and maintaining effective distribution programs."
- Nellcor's Oxi-Max Pulse Oximetry system, which monitors oxygen levels in the blood-stream, has sold over 15,000 units in the year since its introduction. The OxiMax system has been the most successful product launch in Nellcor's 20-year history, with over 600 U.S. customers to date. "Since we introduced the OxiMax Pulse Oximetry System to the market last year, we have received a constant flow of positive customer feedback on the clinical benefits of this new technology," says Doris Engibous, president of Nellcor. "As we celebrate the 20th anniversary of Nellcor, it brings us great pleasure to see the tremendous success of our latest pulse oximetry platform."
- Standard Pacific has been recognized by Builder magazine as the 11th largest homebuilding company in America, based on the company's record delivery of 6,265 homes in 2002.
Also in this issue ...
- Data Return Sets up Shop in Hacienda
- Medical Staffing Network Offers Personnel to Healthcare Facilities
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: David Small, Shoot the Moon
- Data Processing Air Corporation Controls the Climate of Data Centers
- Shape Up For the Summer at 24 Hour Fitness
- Feast Your Senses and Nourish Your Body at Hacienda's Eateries
- Tri-Valley Connections Internships Program Puts Students to Work
- Hacienda Businesses are the Best Workplaces for Commuters
- Tulancingo Sister City Organization Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- Discover the New TVCVB Web Site
- Hacienda Index