Volume 15, Number 5
It’s Renewal Time! Hacienda WHEELS Pass Program Helps You Get Around
The Hacienda WHEELS Pass program, one of the many commuter services offered by Hacienda, is free to all Hacienda employees and residents. As of June 4, 2007, new passes will be required to board WHEELS buses. Hacienda will distribute new passes to current pass holders beginning May 21.
WHEELS bus service, part of the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority, connects the Tri-Valley area to locations throughout Hacienda. You can take WHEELS buses to and from the ACE and BART train stations during the peak commute hours and to Hacienda businesses and residences. WHEELS I-680 express bus service provides a direct link for people commuting between Hacienda and the Pleasant Hill/Walnut Creek area.
The WHEELS pass entitles bearers to free rides to and from work or to and from home for residents on all WHEELS lines. To qualify for a WHEELS pass you must be either an employee within Hacienda or a resident within one of the following Hacienda residential communities: Archstone, Avila, Siena, Valencia, or Verona. Passes are non-transferable and pass holders may be required to present a photo I.D. to the bus driver upon boarding the bus.
Pass Renewal and Ordering
If you are a current pass holder, your new pass will be sent automatically to your business address during the week of May 21. If you have not received your new pass by June 1, a new pass should be ordered online using Hacienda’s automated pass ordering system at www.hacienda.org/forms/forms_order_pass.html.
If you are a Hacienda resident at Archstone, Avila, Siena, Valencia, or Verona, your new pass will be mailed to your Hacienda address beginning the week of May 21. If you have not received your new pass by June 1, a new pass should be ordered online using the automated pass ordering system at www.hacienda.org/forms/forms_order_pass.html.
If you are not a current pass holder and are interested in obtaining one, order a pass using the online ordering system for the fastest delivery. All passes must be delivered to a Hacienda business or residential address. For weekend work use or for residential needs, check the “Weekday and Weekend Use” box on the order form. Passes may also be requested by calling 925-734-6551.
Additional Commuting Services
- The Guaranteed Ride Home Program is a free service that guarantees employees a free ride home in the event of an emergency, such as bus, train or ferry, carpooling or vanpooling, and walking and bicycling. (www.hacienda.org/services/services_commute_grh.html)
- The New Rider program offers free passes to employees so that first-time users may try out the variety of commuter services available. The program includes WHEELS, BART, ACE, SJRTD, Tri-Delta Transit and AC Transit. (www.hacienda.org/services/services_commute_rider.html)
- The 511 Regional Rideshare Program matches riders for carpools and vanpools. You can obtain a "matchlist," a list of fellow commuters with similar commute origins and destinations and learn all about 511 Regional Rideshare commute assistance programs at www.rideshare.511.org.In addition to the resources listed above, please also feel free to contact the Hacienda office for details on all of our commute solution programs at (925) 743-6500.
Also in this issue ...
- Polycom’s Dominance Spurred By Growth and Acquisitions
- EASi Brings Ease to Equity Compensation Programs
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Personal Experience Inspires Success for PacWest Solutions Chief
- CulverCareers Delivers Top-Notch Sales Professionals Nationwide
- Commerce West is Poised for Growth
- Pleasanton Police Department Partners with Hacienda for Workplace Security
- It's Renewal Time! Hacienda WHEELS Pass Program Helps You Get Around
- Carbonfund.org Helps Businesses Reduce Carbon Emissions
- Livermore Valley Opera Eyes Future Growth with Livermore Valley Performing Arts Center
- Hacienda Index