Volume 16, Number 4
- The $30 million round of financing received last year by Hacienda’s Zeltiq Aesthetics Inc. has been recognized by the San Francisco Business Times as one of the top 100 Venture Capital Deals in the Bay Area in 2007. According to the company’s web site, Zeltiq Aesthetics “is a science-based medical device startup company dedicated to the development and commercialization of less invasive procedures to help patients achieve cosmetic improvements by reducing or modifying unwanted fat tissue.”
- Hacienda’s Trapeze Networks has introduced a new device capable of managing up to 5,000 wireless access points or 1,000 controllers. Dubbed the RingMaster-200, it is the first hardware version of Trapeze’s RingMaster network management software.
“Today, it's common for enterprise Wi-Fi networks to include thousands of access points covering hundreds of acres and spanning multiple sites — a massive management issue,” says Ahmet Tuncay, vice president of product management and marketing. “The RingMaster-200 dramatically simplifies the design, deployment and ongoing management of the most complicated Wi-Fi deployments.”
- Equity Administration Solutions, Inc. (EASi), a company headquartered in Hacienda, has launched a new Document Repository that helps customers efficiently store, organize and track all stock plan related documents in PDF form. The release of this new functionality coincides with the company acquiring its 250th direct customer and the introduction of its Take it EASi offer to capitalize on the growing industry preference for software that gives users a direct interface to the broker of their choice and US-based customer service. The first phase of the Document Repository makes it possible for stock plan administrators to control document access and provide employees with a central, web-based location where they can log in and review the PDF form of documents the administrator has posted, including plans, educational material, forms and private documents meant for a single individual. This functionality delivers a new level of convenience and enables employees to be more self sufficient.
“In the coming months, EASi will release a robust Grant Acknowledgement/Acceptance tool that allows the administrator to set up automated creation and distribution of personalized grant packages with ‘electronic signature’ capturing, full audit trails and reporting of participant responses, plus a grant-linked package repository,” says Denise Vitale, vice president of Product Development for EASi.
- AlarmPoint Systems is offering a series of webinars to help companies better utilize their IT resources. The 30-minute sessions will focus on topics such as “Extending Your VoIP Investment to Deliver Notifications on Critical Events.” Access www.alarmpoint.com/webinars for more information.
Also in this issue ...
- Bigger Quarters Help BKF Engineers Expand Local Presence
- JGPC Law Focuses on Business and Corporate Law
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Doug Dahlin, Dahlin Group Architecture & Planning
- Victory in Performance Mixed Martial Arts Academy Opens
- At Matrix Technologies, VoIP is the 'Going-Forward' Solution
- Hark - A Park! Dozens of Them, In Fact
- Tri-Valley Housing Opportunity Center Expands Programs
- Hacienda Helping Hands Provides A New Way of Giving
- Bike to Work Day Rolls Around on May 15
- Hacienda Index