Volume 18, Number 8
- Hacienda’s Bivio Networks has entered into a technology partnership with Global Crossing to deliver managed data and network security services for the U.S. government. Under the new agreement, Bivio’s products—including the recently announced Continuous Threat Monitoring Solution—will be used to provide continuous monitoring, intrusion detection, anomaly detection, and data retention services.
“Increasingly, government customers are turning to managed services to deliver the security, performance and manpower necessary to optimize and protect critical infrastructure,” says Dr. Elan Amir, president and CEO of Bivio Networks. “We look forward to applying our cyber security expertise to equip Global Crossing’s Federal Sector with the unprecedented network awareness and in-depth forensic capabilities necessary to provide the most advanced managed security services available today.”
- Polycom, a telepresence, voice, and video conferencing solutions company with its headquarters in Hacienda, is working with McAfee, Inc. to form a global strategic alliance to jointly develop and deliver Secure Unified Communications and Collaboration.
The two companies will address a growing need for enhanced security as organizations of all sizes increasingly turn to video conferencing and telepresence to reduce costs, improve productivity, and maintain operations in the face of business disruptions. The enhanced protections can also help IT managers in regulated industries — from health care to financial services — lessen the burden of meeting compliance and reporting requirements.
“Faster networks and a growing desire among enterprises to transform their work environments via telepresence have placed video collaboration at a tipping point,” says Andrew Miller, Polycom president and CEO. “This makes the need to provide Secure Unified Communications and Collaboration solutions an urgent one, and that’s why we’re partnering with McAfee.”
- Concord Hospital, the second busiest acute care facility in the state of New Hampshire, has chosen Hacienda’s Trapeze Networks to expand the capabilities of its wireless network, enhancing availability of mobility applications that contribute to the overall quality of patient care.
"Trapeze Networks is honored to contribute to Concord Hospital’s overall excellence,” says Dhrupad Trivedi, Trapeze president. “Our highly-available and reliable wireless networks prepare Concord Hospital’s medical staff teams to successfully work in a mobile, collaborative and instantaneous environment.”
Also in this issue ...
- 24 Hour Fitness to Open Hacienda Super Sport Club This Winter
- Whiting-Turner Relocates Bay Area Office to Hacienda
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Dr. Richard Shinaman, Pain Medicine Consultants
- Marzel's Adds Space for Growing Customer Base
- ADP Receives Multitude of Awards for Employee-Friendly Workplace
- Transit Doesn't Stand Still in the Bay Area
- Firehouse Arts Center Inaugural Gala Slated for September 17
- Hacienda Now a Virtual Business Community on nuAlerts
- Valley Humane Society's New Building and Fundraisers Coming Soon
- CarrAmerica Conference Center's Discount for Hacienda Businesses
- Hacienda Index