Volume 19, Number 7
- Hacienda’s FunMobility has launched FunChat, an application for Apple iPhone and Google Android devices which combines cross-platform chat, multiplayer gaming, pranks, and more. According to a recent CTIA study, mobile consumers in North America send over 187 billion text messages per month, and media firm ScreenDigest estimates consumers will spend a staggering $7.8 billion on mobile games by 2014. FunChat is the first mobile app to simultaneously address these two markets by combining chatting and texting with social gaming and gameplay mechanics.
“A key ingredient to the ‘secret sauce’ behind FunChat lies in our HTML5 multiplayer game engine that enables high-quality games to be played concurrently between native iOS and Android clients and browsers,” said Adam Lavine, CEO of FunMobility. “This proprietary game engine is part of our extensible FunChat Mobile Engagement platform which allows developers to easily make open-standard HTML5 games that run on both the iOS and Android platforms, offering consumers new ways to share, discover, and play together in real-time.”
- Dahlin Group Architecture Planning, a full-service architecture and planning firm headquartered in Hacienda, earned 10 Awards of Merit in the 2011 Gold Nugget Awards design and planning competition. The awards, sponsored by industry group PCBC, were received on June 23 in San Francisco.
“The Gold Nugget Awards is an internationally recognized showcase for development trends, and with winners chosen by a jury of our peers, we see these awards as a strong validation of our work,” said Dahlin Group founder and president, Doug Dahlin. “Our Merit winners reflect a steadfast commitment to excellence by our clients and design teams and I congratulate them all on the honors won.”
The firm’s award-winners included a number of residential projects in the states of California and Washington, in addition to two developments, both commercial and residential, in China.
- A number of Hacienda companies have been recognized recently by the San Francisco Business Times. In a recent ranking of the 200 largest public companies in the Bay Area, three park businesses made the grade: Ross Stores (ranked 19 with $7.87 billion in 2010 sales), Polycom (64, $1.22 billion), and Simpson Manufacturing (91, $555 million). Ross Stores was also identified as the fourth largest publicly-held company in the East Bay.
Hacienda also rated in the publication’s list of the largest privately held companies. FrontRange Solutions, a developer of IT Service Management, IT Asset Management and Customer Service Management software, was recognized as the eighth largest private company in the East Bay and the 35th largest in the Bay Area.
Also in this issue ...
- IntegenX DNA Sampling Tools Herald Quantum Leap in Processing Time
- Auto Insurance Specialists' Breadth, Size Set the Agency Apart
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Rick Benitez, Todd Allen and Tony Russo, Landmark Mortgage
- Attorneys at Hoge Fenton Are Committed to Business and the Community
- Blackboard Collaborate Provides Multipurpose Platform for Online Learning
- Hacienda Dining Guide 2011
- Red Cross: Blood Donations Even More Critical in Summer
- Spare the Air Turns 20, Launches iPhone App, Sponsors 2011 Great Race
- Great Books of Pleasanton Discusses Works that 'Bite and Sting'
- Join the Great Race for Clean Air
- Join the Hacienda Helping Hands Campaign
- Hacienda Index