Volume 21, Number 3
- A new CooperVision web site, launched in partnership with the Armed Forces Optometric Society (AFOS), allows military members and their families to purchase CooperVision’s contact lenses affordably and receive guaranteed delivery wherever they are located around the world.
“As a former member of the U.S. Armed Services, I understand and appreciate the unique demands placed on our military personnel and their families,” said John Weber, CooperVision president.
For every box of CooperVision Biofinity, Avaira, and Proclear 1 day contact lenses purchased through the website, CooperVision will donate $1 to the Wounded Warrior Project.
- PACSGEAR, a Hacienda company which provides image connectivity solutions for medical image management (PACS) and electronic health record (EHR) systems to hospitals and healthcare facilities, has introduced ModLink, a software solution that transfers structured report measurements directly into PowerScribe 360 | Reporting from Nuance. Using measurement data from ultrasound, DEXA, or CT scans, ModLink auto-populates the report, saving valuable radiologist dictation time and reducing potential human error.
“To include measurement data in reports, radiologists look at one screen and dictate values into another. Since some reports contain more than 20 measurements, we had to find a better way,” said Eli Rapaich, PACSGEAR’s CEO. “ModLink automatically populates report templates, allowing radiologists to avoid time-consuming dictation and costly reporting errors.”
- New American Funding, a retail and wholesale mortgage lender operating in 22 states, has selected Encompass360 from Hacienda’s Ellie Mae as its mortgage management solution. New American Funding, which became an approved servicer for both Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac last year, funds approximately $400 million a month in loans and currently services a portfolio of approximately $2 billion.
New American Funding is utilizing Encompass360 and its integrated Encompass Compliance Service under Ellie Mae’s Success-Based Pricing model, which allows them to pay for Encompass360 based on the number of loans they close every month.
- West Valley Staffing Group’s latest survey of Silicon Valley hiring managers indicates that 97 percent of them expect hiring to increase or remain steady during the second quarter of 2013. Those surveyed included representatives from industries including high tech, manufacturing, electronics, finance, semiconductor, medical, aerospace, and alternative energy.
Also in this issue ...
- Waters' Green UPC2 Technology Leads Chromatography into the Future
- Roger Li, DDS, Creates 'Peaceful and Calming' Environment
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Dave Amerson, NeoTract
- Oil Changer Offers Convenience, Service, and a Special Savings Program
- Software Consultants at Veear Projects Deploy Turnkey Solutions
- Pleasanton's Downtown Mixes History with Shopping, Events and Activities
- ACE Rebrands, Adds Trains and Amenities as It Approaches 15th Anniversary
- Innovation Tri-Valley Brands the Region, Sparks Collaborative Advocacy
- Wardrobe for Opportunity Celebrates with Spring to Success Luncheon May 10
- Hacienda Online
- 2013 Pleasanton Chamber Travel Destinations
- Hacienda Index