Published February 16, 2016
Volume 24, Number 2
- John Muir Health, San Ramon Regional Medical Center Open New Hacienda Outpatient Center
John Muir Health and San Ramon Regional Medical Center's new Pleasanton Outpatient Center is now open at 5860 Owens Drive in Hacienda, a short walk from the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station. Ample onsite parking is also available.
“At the Pleasanton Outpatient Center, the Tri-Valley community can access a wide range of medical services, all in one convenient location,” said Paul Smith, chief executive officer of the joint venture between John Muir Health and Tenet Healthcare that operates the Pleasanton Outpatient Center. “Our services are available to the entire community and we accept most insurance plans, which means even if you don’t have a doctor located at our center, you can use our services like the Urgent Care, lab, and imaging.” Other services available at the Pleasanton Outpatient Center include: primary, pediatric, and specialty care; senior and wellness services; and care coordination.
“Through our partnership with San Ramon Regional Medical Center, we’re excited to provide the Tri-Valley community with expanded choices for high-quality, patient-centered care, close to home in a modern, healing environment,” said Lee Huskins, president and chief administrative officer of John Muir Health’s Physician Network. “Offering primary care physicians, specialists and care managers in one location enhances collaboration, knowledge sharing and care coordination, which allows us to partner with our patients to better manage their health.”
- Ellie Mae Launches New Release of Encompass Mortgage Management Solution
Ellie Mae has released a new update of their Encompass all-in-one mortgage management solution. Encompass 15.2 offers compliance updates, overnight rate protection for secondary marketing, and integrated AllRegs Investor guidelines for easy access to vital information.
“Ellie Mae’s new release of Encompass is designed to help our customers expand and manage new channels more effectively, while ensuring compliance with evolving regulations,” said Jonathan Corr, president and CEO of Ellie Mae. “These enhancements to Encompass, combined with our recently announced AllRegs investor guideline integration, increase productivity and efficiency for lenders of all sizes.”
- Leaf Patient Monitoring System Named One of the World's Most Innovative Wearable Healthcare Technologies
An international jury of the WT Wearable Technologies Innovation World Cup selected Leaf Healthcare’s Patient Monitoring system as one of the world’s most innovative wearable healthcare technologies for 2016. More than 450 nominees from 60 countries were vying for the honors.
“Leaf is committed to helping hospitalized patients and their caregivers benefit from the power of wearable technology,” said Barrett Larson, co-founder and CEO of Leaf, which is headquartered in Hacienda. “This international recognition confirms that the Leaf Patient Monitoring system provides an innovative solution to an important clinical need. Our technology enables clinicians to make sure that patients move adequately in order to prevent complications associated with immobility.”
The Leaf system is comprised of a small, lightweight, wearable sensor that electronically monitors a patient's position and movements. Data collected by the sensor is communicated wirelessly to central monitoring stations or mobile devices so that caregivers can check on patient position and movement. The device has been cleared for sale by FDA 510(k).
Stories compiled by Jay Hipps
Also in this issue...
- IronPlanet is Riding a Wave of Acquisitions to New Growth
- R2P’s Products are a Dog’s — and a Cat’s — Best Friends
- Business Bits
- From the Football Field to Iron Man Triathlons, Joe Terry Takes Lessons From Athletics into Business
- IntegenX DNA Identification Device Hits a New Milestone
- Arta Print and Promotion Brings Latest Digital Technology to Hacienda
- East Bay Poised for Robust Economic Growth in 2016
- I-580 Express Lanes Provide Increased Efficiency to Vehicle Traffic
- Teen Esteem Offers Brown Bag Events with the Latest Parenting Tips
- Teens Get a Taste of Law and Government in Alameda County District Attorney’s Justice Academy
- Hacienda February Index