Hacienda Helping Hands would like to extend this invitation to you to participate in our annual campaign. Please join Hacienda's owners, investors, businesses and other affiliates in our efforts to address critical needs in the Tri-Valley.
Hacienda Helping Hands Focus
The Hacienda Helping Hands campaign has been active in the community over the last several years; more in just a moment about a few of this year's signature efforts. Our hope is that you will take this opportunity to help grow our Hacienda Helping Hands fund so that we can continue making grants to locally-serving community organizations and non-profits with missions to work in six key philanthropic areas: youth development and education, family strengthening, senior assistance, access to healthcare and healthy living, affordable housing and solutions to homelessness, and arts and culture. Over the life of the campaign, Hacienda Helping Hands has been able to distribute thousands of dollars to those committed to these causes. Past recipients include: Axis Community Health, Senior Support Program of the Tri-Valley, Buenas Vidas Youth Ranch, Open Heart Kitchen, Sentinels of Freedom, Tri-Valley Housing Opportunity Center, and many more.
Annually, Hacienda receives many requests for support so Hacienda Helping Hands was created as a means of coordinating a response to the Tri-Valley community. Our campaign consists of a number of initiatives and strives to engage the community at a number of levels:
- Hacienda Helping Hands fundraising and granting have provided over $125,000 in direct financial contributions to over thirty deserving organizations.
- Participation in the Pillars of the Tri-Valley has established a means to help strengthen ties between businesses and community organizations.
- Hacienda Helping Hands networking functions allow participants to collaborate directly with local elected officials and civic leaders to further community goals.
- Special initiatives provide help and support when it is most needed.
2015 saw Hacienda Helping Hands making many community contributions. Here are a few of our key accomplishments:
- $15,000 in impact grants were made in gifts of $5,000 each to: Alameda County Community Food Bank as a dollar-for-dollar match of any funds raised through Hacienda’s holiday Virtual Food Drive, Open Heart Kitchen in support of a new vehicle for community services, and La Familia in support of scholarships for the Alameda County District Attorney's Justice Academy youth program.
- In partnership with Kaiser Permanente, the East Bay Community Foundation and the East Bay Leadership Council, Hacienda Helping Hands participated in a new effort designed to bring attention to poverty in the region and to help craft a long-term anti-poverty strategy.
- Hacienda Helping Hands continued its nearly two decades old tradition of assisting the Alameda County Community Food Bank with its annual holiday food drive.
In 2016, we hope that you will continue to support this special effort. Over the years, we have found that the alliance formed between Hacienda’s owners, investors, businesses and affiliates has been a powerful way of making a real difference. That difference directly translates into the vibrant quality of life that makes the Tri-Valley so attractive as a place to live and work. Look for announcements soon about upcoming Hacienda Helping Hands events and activities or feel free to contact us should you like additional details about our current initiatives.