Volume 14, Number 10
- Ross Stores, headquartered in Hacienda, will acquire 46 Albertsons real estate sites in California, Florida, Texas, Arizona, Colorado and Oklahoma and incorporate these properties into its 2007 expansion program for Ross and dd’s Discounts. Along with other new stores already planned for fiscal 2007, this acquisition will give the company an additional 11 to 12 percent number of stores. The stores, which Ross will begin renovating as soon as November, are projected to begin opening in March.
“We are excited about this unique real estate opportunity, which gives Ross the ability to acquire a substantial number of store sites in several of our established, top performing markets,” says Michael Balmuth, Ross vice chairman, president and CEO. “Availability of quality retail locations is generally limited in these more established areas. As a result, we believe this transaction offers a rare chance to enhance our long-term growth prospects and returns by adding these stores, almost all in our highly productive, core Sunbelt states.”
- IronPlanet, the third-largest heavy equipment auction company in North America, sold over $7 million of equipment and trucks during its October 5 online auction. The auction featured nine items located in Colon, Panama. Bidders participated from as far away as British Columbia, New York and Tennessee with the highest bidders in Trinidad and Tobago and Columbia. The equipment included Caterpillar excavators and skid-steer loaders. Over 6,000 auction attendees from across the U.S. and 18 other countries registered to bid on over 300 truck and construction equipment items at the online auction.
- Industry analysts IDC have ranked Hacienda’s ZANTAZ as the market revenue share leader in the email archiving market with a 26.8 percent market revenue share, and 2004-2005 growth of 64.8 percent. The study states that ZANTAZ, also the market leader in 2003 and 2004, increased its market revenue share in 2005 with its combination of on-site and on-demand service offerings. According to the study, IDC forecasts the email archiving applications market will reach $471 million in 2006-2007 and grow to $1.004 billion in 2010.
"Our unique ability to offer our software on-demand, on-site, or an integrated combination of the two, enables us to meet our customers’ specific content archiving and electronic discovery needs in the face of rapidly evolving litigation and regulatory requirements,” says ZANTAZ president and CEO Steve King. “The fact that we have more than 11 billion emails currently stored in our on-demand Digital Safe service, and are growing at the rate of more than one billion emails per quarter, is a clear indication that our customers recognize our market leadership and solution capabilities.”
- Polycom’s VoiceStation 500 conference phone is now certified for use with Skype, the popular voice over IP (VOIP) software. The integration of Skype and the Hacienda company’s VoiceStation 500 enables customers to host seamlessly and easily business-quality conference calls in a small conference room.
“Skype estimates that nearly 30 percent of its more than 113 million Skype users are using the software for business purposes,” said Stefan Oberg, vice president and general manager of desktop and hardware at Skype. “By collaborating with Polycom, we are able to offer Skype business users a Skype Certified device that features Polycom’s renowned voice quality.”
Also in this issue ...
- FunMobility Making the Most of Mobile Markets
- Bregante + Company LLP Opens Regional Office in Pleasanton
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: Compassion and Generosity are a Way of Life for Jennifer Milne of Marzel's
- Prudential California Realty Serves Northern California with High Tech Tools and Training
- Rubyworx Expands to New Hacienda Location
- Emergency Preparedness in the Tri-Valley
- Valley Children's Museum Makes Progress Towards Opening, Hosts Special Holiday Homes Event in December
- Celebrate Food and More at Annual Pleasanton Business Expo
- Pleasanton's Veterans Take Center Stage in Annual Parade
- Hacienda Index