Volume 14, Number 12
Tri-Valley Animal Rescue Offers “Claws for Paws” At Second Annual Crab Feed
Area crab lovers are marking their calendars for the Tri-Valley Animal Rescue “Claws for Paws” crab feed, to be held January 27 at the Pleasanton Senior Center from 6:00 to 10:00 p.m. In addition to fresh cracked crab, the menu features salad, pasta, French bread, dessert, and coffee or tea.
Proceeds from the event, which sold out in 2006-2007, benefit Tri-Valley Animal Rescue (TVAR). Last year, TVAR placed over 1,600 animals from Dublin’s East County Animal Shelter.
“A big part of our budget is medical costs for the animals,” says Cindy Ferrin, a TVAR board member and the chair of the Claws for Paws dinner. “We have all the animals spayed or neutered and vaccinated before they’re ever adopted out. We always have sick animals, too, that we care for, so the proceeds go towards those programs.”
Ferrin adds that TVAR’s all-volunteer staff means that their entire budget is spent directly on the animals. “We’re an all-volunteer group. We have no paid staff—the board of directors and volunteer staff are all strictly volunteers.”
In addition to the delicious food, the event will feature a silent auction and a 50/50 raffle, in which the money generated by selling raffle tickets is split between TVAR and the winner of the drawing. “Last year we sold 4,600 tickets for $1 each and the winner got $2,300 and TVAR got $2,300, so that was a win/win for the person that won and also for the animals,” adds Ferrin. The group is still accepting donations of silent auction items for those who would like to participate in the event in that manner.
Tickets are $40 per person ($45 after January 10) and are available online at www.clawsforpaws.com using PayPal or through the mail by sending a check to TVAR, P.O. Box 11143, Pleasanton, CA 94588. The event takes place Saturday, January 27 from 6:00 to 10:00 p.m. at the Pleasanton Senior Center, 5353 Sunol Boulevard. For further questions about the event or to donate items for the silent auction, call (925) 803-7043 or e-mail email@example.com.
Additional information about TVAR, including volunteer opportunities as well as a listing of animals currently up for adoption, is available on the group’s web site at www.TVAR.org.
Also in this issue ...
- OnWafer Technologies Gets Inside the Process Zone
- Huntington Learning Center Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- Business Bits
- Executive Profile: A Booming Business is the Result of Christina Petrosky's Focus on Family
- Sensovation Corporation Sees Future of Health Care
- Diablo Funding Group Serves Both Wholesale and Retail Mortgage Markets
- Hacienda's Web Site Offers Information at Your Fingertips
- Over 600 from Throughout the Area Expected at the Convention and Visitors Bureau's 10th Annual Tri-Valley Regional Mixer
- For Members of the Tri-Valley Sustainable Business Alliance, It's Easy Being Green
- Tri-Valley Animal Rescue Offers "Claws for Paws" At Second Annual Crab Feed
- Hacienda Index