Published August 18, 1997
Volume 5, Number 8
- Documentum, Inc. has reported record revenues of $17.2 million for the second quarter of 1997, a 70 percent increase over the same period of 1996.
- Robert Half International Inc. has also reported record revenues for the second quarter ending June 30. Net income for the quarter was $22.2 million on revenues of $311.6 million, compared to net income of $14.2 million on revenues of $210.6 million in the second quarter of last year.
- Vanstar Corporation, a leading PC network integrator, has been selected by the Triangle Learning Consortium of Research Triangle Park, N.C., as a certified training partner. Under this alliance, Vanstar's Education Services Group will work closely with the Triangle Learning Consortium to provide education consulting services and custom technology training programs to its members.
- PeopleSoft, Inc., will form a separate division to provide business software products and services that address the specific needs of medium-sized organizations. John Stammen was named vice president and general manager of the new division. PeopleSoft will officially launch its middle-market offerings in September.
- The City of Pleasanton will unveil its new logo at the September 2 meeting of the City Council. The logo depicts the Pleasanton Ridge, modern office buildings, and the distinctive Pleasanton downtown arch. Use of the logo will be phased in through March, 1998.
- The Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce has unveiled new plans for small businesses to participate in the Business Technology Showcase, which will be held at the Alameda County Fairgrounds September 24-26. Exhibitors include Pacific Bell Mobile Services, GST Telecommunications, Sprint PCS, GTE Wireless, University of Phoenix, Granite Insurance, and Anixter. For more information, call the Chamber at (510) 846-5858 or access www.pleasanton.org/showcase/ on the World Wide Web.
Also in this issue ...
- SkillSet Software Expanding in Hacienda
- New Business Offers a Grape Escape
- Business Bits
- Lawrence Livermore National Lab Updates Vendor Database, Supplier Management Program
- Red Robin Burger & Spirits Emporium Opens September 1
- Tandy Service Offers Network, Computer Expertise
- AT&T Offers Worker Database to Employers
- BALIT Book Fair Coming to AT&T September 8-9
- Nellcor Sponsoring American Heart Walk