Published September 15, 1997
Volume 5, Number 9
Local Schools Benefit from New Transit Program
The City of Pleasanton, in cooperation with Hacienda and RIDES for Bay Area Commuters, has unveiled a new pro gram for Hacienda and other local residents with children attending Mohr Elementary,"Carpool Your Way to ABCs."
The program encourages parents to share in the duties of driving their students to school. A special "walkpool" pro gram is also offered for families who live within walking distance of the school.
The level of participation from families has been excellent, according to Anne Pons, Mohr principal. "This community has pulled together to take responsibility for their kids and make this work," she says. About 15 percent of Mohr's students participate.
The program was initiated in anticipation of traffic congestion at Mohr. SInce the full layout of streets in the area has not been developed, the school is now on a cul de sac.
For more information on the program, call Mohr School at (510) 426-4256.
Also in this issue ...
- Altamont Commuter Express on Track
- Gilbarco Pumping Gas, New Technology
- Business Bits
- RIDES for Bay Area Commuters Expands to Offer Services Online
- AT&T Employees Donate Time to Four Local Parks
- Business Community Plays a Key Role in Pleasanton's Quality of Life
- City's Alternative Commute Program Off to Strong Start
- Local Schools Benefit from New Transit Program
- Remedy Employees Treated to Car Washes, More by Management